Owl
Major

The more you know - WIP Leader Biographies Update v1

Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:46 pm

Here comes the next project I'm currently working on!

Many of the leaders in the English version of RUS do not have a biography entry yet, which is something I'm currently in the process of changing. The file attached to this post has the first 20 or so entries I've made, and I plan to update the file every week or so with new entries, posting in this thread when I've got a new version. I'm starting from the bottom of the list and working myself up to the top, researching information about the leaders and, should that fail to yield any results, translating the French entries, if they exist.

Here's one example I did. Actually, this man's surname is romanized as Ôi (or Ooi) from 大井, so I guess this might be a name that could be fixed for the gold version (it currently is displayed as Ooy)? :) He also has two entries in LocalStrings_RUS, of which only the first one seems to be used. I'm also not sure if he is available throughout the entire game, but Japanese pages say that he was recalled to Japan in July 1920, so he should probably be removed by event by that time.

Anyway, without any further idle words, here you go! The file goes into \RUS\Settings.
Attachments
LeaderBiographiesv1.zip
(649.85 KiB) Downloaded 386 times

andatiep

Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:05 am

Very nice project :thumbsup: .

Merci.
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

juss
Conscript

Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:32 pm

Brilliant! I would love to know more about the leaders with whom I am playing (however I am too lazy to google myself + sometimes it's hard to find stuff)

Good luck ;)

Owl
Major

Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:18 pm

Thanks for the kind words, juss! In case you were wondering why there has been no update, the updates leader biographies will likely become available in RUS Gold eventually as I will still have to compile them - which takes some time, obviously.

The Lev
Sergeant

Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:46 am

Nicely done, Owl-always did wonder about the biography sections

Unfortunately were i to attempt a biography of any of the Ukrainian generals I'm most familiar with it would probably end up filling the whole screen

Keep up the good work, eagerly awaiting RUS Gold to play after this working year's done

Return to “RUS Mods”