Orel
Brigadier General

How to allow multinational command?

Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:25 am

Back in the first versions of RUS, all white generals(not just ones with the cossack commander ability) could include Don cossack units in their divisions. Likewise was in Siberia with the Siberian White generals including Komuch troops. In some patch, this was changed and I wish to restore the situation that existed initially. How can I do this?
For united Russia!

Leibst

Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:03 am

Install the first version in other drive or folder and copy from it the generals models that you want.

Edit: i think this is better and works, change rulCrossNationGHQ = 0 to rulCrossNationGHQ = 1 in the GameRules.opt file in the Settings folder.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Orel
Brigadier General

Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:28 pm

Leibstandarte wrote:Install the first version in other drive or folder and copy from it the generals models that you want.

Edit: i think this is better and works, change rulCrossNationGHQ = 0 to rulCrossNationGHQ = 1 in the GameRules.opt file in the Settings folder.

It seems the general models have changed their composition since the first version, and I doubt the problem lies in the generals.

I tried this, and unfortunately this produced no result. In the first version of the game, this section of the GameRules.opt. There is an identical sentence in Gamelogic.opt, I tried changing that to 1 after I failed the first but it didn't make a difference. I looked into the similar files in the first version of RUS, and it turned out there were no such lines. I deleted both to check whether that will work, but it too produced no result.
For united Russia!

Leibst

Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:16 pm

Do you have this

cmdCoopTagForLeader = 1

in your GameLogic file?
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Orel
Brigadier General

Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:18 am

Leibstandarte wrote:Do you have this

cmdCoopTagForLeader = 1

in your GameLogic file?

No, I do not. Neither in the old version of RUS, nor in the new version.
For united Russia!

Bohémond

Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:51 am

Go at GameData/Factions folder

Could you post the WHI.fac file ?

I could try to modify it to allow you to include Don Cossack into White Division

Regards
Marco, perché vai così forte in salita?» «Per abbreviare la mia agonia.

Orel
Brigadier General

Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:22 am

Bohémond wrote:Go at GameData/Factions folder

Could you post the WHI.fac file ?

I could try to modify it to allow you to include Don Cossack into White Division

Regards

Thank you, file is attached.

Could you explain, how I can do it too?
Attachments
10WHI.rar
(1.15 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
For united Russia!

Bohémond

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:22 am

Hello,

I have added DON as CoopTag for WHI, this should allow to include DON Cossacks in WHI Division.

But please check because I have not tested it.

The attachment 10WHI.zip is no longer available

In first version of RUS, CoopTag was not WAD and all units, from any Subfaction, can be included in Divisions. So your issue is exe related not DB.

Regards
Attachments
10WHI.zip
(1.25 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
Marco, perché vai così forte in salita?» «Per abbreviare la mia agonia.

Orel
Brigadier General

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:14 am

Bohémond wrote:Hello,

I have added DON as CoopTag for WHI, this should allow to include DON Cossacks in WHI Division.

But please check because I have not tested it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22285[/ATTACH]

In first version of RUS, CoopTag was not WAD and all units, from any Subfaction, can be included in Divisions. So your issue is exe related not DB.

Regards

Unfortunately, no result was produced when I substituted the new file for the old one.
For united Russia!

Leibst

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:45 am

Orel wrote:No, I do not. Neither in the old version of RUS, nor in the new version.

I do and it works fine.
HQ website

Orel
Brigadier General

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:23 pm

Leibstandarte wrote:I do and it works fine.

Would you mind then sharing your Gamelogic file so that I can compare it to mine?
For united Russia!

Leibst

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:21 pm

[ATTACH]22287[/ATTACH][ATTACH]22288[/ATTACH]
Of course, hope it works... i changed them into txt for attachment rules.

With this files I can get cossack units into White RUS divisions.
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

HQ website

Orel
Brigadier General

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:50 pm

Leibstandarte wrote:[ATTACH]22287[/ATTACH][ATTACH]22288[/ATTACH]
Of course, hope it works... i changed them into txt for attachment rules.

With this files I can get cossack units into White RUS divisions.

I copied the data in the identical files in my settings. Unfortunately there was no result. Which seems strange to me since it should work for me, if it worked for you. I use version 1.06a of the game, just in case there is difference there.

Personal thank you, for your patience and readiness to help Leibstandarte.
For united Russia!

Leibst

Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:05 pm

You're welcome Orel, i,ve been having this same problem with SCW and today for the first time i can include subfaction units into faction Divisions.
The difference is in the Exe File. If i execute with my old exe it doesnt works, but with a new it works ok.

So, if i can do it in my RUS game and you cant is because we have different exe files. I could send you mine if you want by email (i suposse this is legal Philippe?)
my exe is of date 11/10/2008.
HQ website

Orel
Brigadier General

Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:25 pm

Leibstandarte wrote:You're welcome Orel, i,ve been having this same problem with SCW and today for the first time i can include subfaction units into faction Divisions.
The difference is in the Exe File. If i execute with my old exe it doesnt works, but with a new it works ok.

So, if i can do it in my RUS game and you cant is because we have different exe files. I could send you mine if you want by email (i suposse this is legal Philippe?)
my exe is of date 11/10/2008.

Thank you very much Leibstandarte for your help and offer, it seems to me you are the most helpful person on this forum.

I have already went through with adding the multinational command ability to all the generals, but if it would not be a problem for you please send the .exe files to my email: desertbear33@gmail.com. However if it is a problem, then I can do without it. My .exe files are all from 11.10.2011 or for version 1.00(the old RUS) it is 22.11.2010. So you probably are correct in your assumption.

Edit: File received. Thanks Leibstandarte!
For united Russia!

Leibst

Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:37 pm

It just you are having the same problem as me. ;)
Maybe in a modern patch you could have the same exe i have. You have an email.
HQ website

Leibst

Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:47 am

Is it working Orel?
HQ website

Orel
Brigadier General

Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:39 am

Leibstandarte wrote:Is it working Orel?

Unfortunately, no changes were produced by changing the .exe file. Oh well, I already assigned the multinational command ability to most generals, so the problem is pretty much solved. Thanks for your time and help Leibstandarte!
For united Russia!

Return to “RUS Mods”