Grauuu
Civilian

Is it possible to mod in new playable factions?

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:39 pm

I'd love to have a go as the smaller nations in a grand campaign, though the game doesn't offer this choice. Just wondering if there is a way to mod in new nations as playable?

I'm guessing this is a pretty extensive thing to mod, but I'm hoping it's possible.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:45 pm

If the engine is the same as next PoN which will have 8 playable nations, it should.

Pocus

Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:52 am

There is no hard limit, even in RUS. You just have to know where to start :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

yoperesete
Private

Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:30 am

Plz< can you write how did it. I wanna play small factions as Baltic, Ukraine and other/

Leibst

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:13 am

It is a bit elaborate but it can be done.
Are you talking about creating a totally new faction that does not exists in the game?.

anyway first of all create the new faction fle in \Revolution under Siege\RUS\GameData\Factions
it should be a consecutive number so in RUS will be UID 42. And dont forget to add it to the fac_Alias file.

yoperesete
Private

Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:03 pm

Sorry for my english =(
creating a totally new

No, i just wanna play in one of the more campaign playing Ukraine. What i must to change to be able to play this faction in campaigns with red, white and others.

Leibst

Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:22 pm

in ths scripts file is all you need to change plus creating a new faction as i told you,
an example:
" ScenDispName = strFinland1918DispName
ScenText = strFinland1918Description
ScenDuration = strFinland1918Duration
ScenBackGround1 = strFinland1918Background1
ScenBackGround2 = strFinland1918Background2
Side1 = FIN;GER
Side2 = RED"
here you see wich countries you can choose to play.
And read some more about creating a new scenary in the forum.

yoperesete
Private

Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:47 am

Sorry, I understood everything.
If i want play Ukraine in Grand Campaign as a fourth side (red, white1, white2 and ukr) what i need to change files?

In this files i need changes?
Revolution under Siege\RUS\Scripts\ScriptGrandCampaign.ini
Revolution under Siege\RUS\Scripts\Scens\Grand Campaign.scn

reate the new faction fle in \Revolution under Siege\RUS\GameData\Factions

Is this sure where ua is the fraction of the game?

Leibst

Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:34 am

Ok, UKR exists already as a faction so what you need is to add some changes in the script.
First of all make a copy of the game in a new Folder.
Second, open the scriptGranCampaign
put this line in where is Side1, it is just adding UKR as you see.
Side1 = WHI;DON;WH2;WH3;WH4;WH5;FRA;GBR;USA;JAP;CZE;POL;UKR
save the script with the name "script"
Go to Folder scens and delete or rename Grand Campaign.

Run the game and when the game is loading press F9, you will see you are in EDIT mode, wait until the game loads, it will show you the map.
press scape and you will be in the game menu, then press SAVE the game.
Exit the game.
Run the game again normally, select the scenary Grand Campaing, and choose UKR. :w00t: and play!

hope it works!

Bohémond

Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:04 pm

Leibstandarte wrote:Ok, UKR exists already as a faction so what you need is to add some changes in the script.

Run the game and when the game is loading press F9, you will see you are in EDIT mode, wait until the game loads, it will show you the map.
Exit the game.
Run the game again normally, select the scenary Grand Campaing, and choose UKR. :w00t: and play!

hope it works!

I'm affraid it should not. Side 1 and Side 2 are only ''display' features.

Regards

yoperesete
Private

Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:52 pm

Leibstandarte wrote:Ok, UKR exists already as a faction so what you need is to add some changes in the script.

Exit the game.
Run the game again normally, select the scenary Grand Campaign, and choose UKR. :w00t: and play!

when i adding "UKR" in scriptGranCampaign.ini after loading (whith edit mode) - error.
Maybe its doing because Ukraine on starting Grand Campaign don`t has terrytory, army and others.

yoperesete
Private

Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:03 pm

maybe it will do in Drang1921?

Leibst

Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:31 pm

I have take a look at it and yes, it is not so easy.
Ukraine is under german control, so you have to change all the regions in the script to UKR control.
Also you could add some troops because there are no UKR troops. Maybe even no forcepool.
And in the script you have to eliminate this lines
" SetFacUnselect = 1
SetFacPassive = 1 " for UKR
and more, the regions are blocked, so you have to unblock them in the cities files.

And even more, could be problems with some events with the UKR regions.

yoperesete
Private

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:37 pm

" SetFacUnselect = 1
SetFacPassive = 1 " for UKR

What a line i must eleminate? What a file?

forcepool

Where is her?

Leibst

Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:25 am

in the file named script.
where is defined UKR you can see
SetFacUnselect = 1
SetFacPassive = 1
this defines that faction as non playable. Quit these lines.

The lines about forcepool are at the end of the script.

there are some events that create UKR and his army.
One is this:
evt_nam_CMN_GermanRetreat1
you can try to change its date.

yoperesete
Private

Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm

Maybe, my dream is impossible.
Everything I did failed. It's a shame.

Leibst

Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:25 am

If your dream is to play from the start the campaign scenary with UKR it is not impossible. It just takes time to implement it.
Try first to made a variant on the scenary and after this make small changes.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Leibst

Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:17 pm

yoperesete wrote:Maybe, my dream is impossible.
Everything I did failed. It's a shame.

look here my friend ;)
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?25399-Play-with-Ukraine-from-the-start-MINI-MOD&p=244964#post244964
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

The Lev
Sergeant

Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:00 pm

Cheers you lot, playing the Grand Campaign with Ukraine was a long term ambition of mine too

I've heard a fair bit about adding the Komuch as an independent faction for the Grand Campaign start, but would it be possible to play as the Don, NW Whites, Northern Whites in isolation-as creating a massive army for Pskov based on conscripts from Rostov doesn't quite add up. Also the Don was very much independent of Denikin in the early days, i know there are a few ideas regarding the Don out there but none i've seen have put them as an independent force....

Perhaps a North-Western Whites-led group controlling NW whites, Northern Whites, Baltic states and Finland (latter two being locked) with the key objective being St Petersburg, along with a Yudenich option

Another-perhaps harder to achieve mini-scenario would be the Turkestan Campaign, in which the Siberian and British units are under the control of a player other than the main Siberian forces-seeing as it was very much a separate theatre, although it would entail creating either a new faction of having a Finland Campaign style map isolation where the Turkestan player would be Siberian

I cannot begin to describe my happiness at finding a Ukrainian campaign, and i wish you all the best in your SCW Mod

Leibst

Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:11 pm

Hi Lev, reading things like this makes me see that my small effort has its reason to be done. :thumbsup: Hope you enjoy it.
As you say many things can be done, specially knowing well the history. But takes much time if you want to do some things.
HQ website

The Lev
Sergeant

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:13 pm

By all means, its the best form of gaming considering i'm currently reading up on the topic for a dissertation.

What's been done for Ukraine, would it be easier or harder to get a campaign where you just play as NW and N whites-preferably starting at the Kolchak coup?

Leibst

Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:17 pm

If you just need to add events or to change the initial setup it is easy to do.
But if you need new units or change things like the stars of a general the is more complicated. What is needed is the excel files of the game.
And the AGEOD tool CSVSplitter.
HQ website

The Lev
Sergeant

Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:44 pm

Nope, no changes to generals for this-
Regarding events, the big deal would be the Yudenich option-N Whites would only need the ability to do special operations and effectively anything else the Southern whites would be able to do in the region would be a bonus (requisitions, conscription, reforms)

NW don't even need that, considering they won't be advancing anywhere else into Pskov region-only thing required would be the Yudenich option, preferably unlocking the 1st Estonian division, but that's just for historical accuracy

Effectively its the Southern White campaign, without the WHI1, and DON factions and South-only events (Yudenich wouldnt need an alliance with Caucasia or Ukraine). What would need to be done for that Liebstandarte my good fellow?

Would the process be the same as for Ukr as described above?

Leibst

Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:14 am

I think you need to change the setup file and make some events.
All this is done in excel and then converted to CSV file. Artef that CSV Splitter convert the CSV file into script or event file.
There is something about this in the mod section in the forum. You should read that, that's how i learned it.
HQ website

The Lev
Sergeant

Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:11 pm

Hmm, i remember finding those when i was trying to mod it earlier-but unfortunately cannot find them this time around

Been looking through the mod section, can't seem to find it-if you've got the link to it that would be a great help, although i'll probably just play the current WH1 campaign and just defend in the south

I realise what a massive undertaking you're currently in with the SCW MOD, any aid here is above and beyond the call of duty

Leibst

Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:27 pm

Thanks The Lev, SCW is almost complete, just a few months more and it will be finished.

Look in the sticky section. But here is the link of the thread explaining how to make a escenario.
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?9756-Scenario-creation-%28example-from-AACW%29
HQ website

Return to “RUS Mods”