barbu
Captain

[Released] First two (tiny) RUS mods

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:19 am

Original splash:

New splash:

Observations:
1) Winners are in color (i.e. Lenin and Das Kapital). The ones who lost the war are in black and white.

2) Bolsheviks, Lenin and Das Kapital are on the left. Which makes sense.

3) The screen presents all the Russian White forces. From bottom right to the left you can see Kolchak, Denikhin and in the middle Wrangel's ships.

4) The ships are aiming their guns at the soldiers who are, quite literally, under Lenin.

5) The left-most lady in the Tsar's family has her right hand on a rifle. This was not done on purpose, but I'm not unhappy with the way it looks.

Apologies for the low artistic quality. I am not a professional. If you don't like it, please don't download.

How to install:

Step one: Determine which of the two attachments you need, i.e. which resolution are you using (1024 *768 or 1280 * 1024).

Step two: Download that file. Go to the " [game folder]\RUS\Graphics" folder. Find splash.png and **make a backup of it**.

Step three: Get the splash.png from the rar file and extract it to that folder. You know you've done things right if the splash.png file shows up in Windows Explorer in its new version.

Tiny modification no.2: if you're playing as the Whites, you can have the game welcome you with the song "God Save the Tsar" instead of the Internationale. To do so, edit " [game folder]\RUS\Sounds\musics.ini" file so that the first 4 line read:

Music0 = 16 God_Save_The_Tsar.mp3
Music1 = 14 Don_Cossacks_Anthem.mp3
Music2 = 15 Farewell_of_Slavianka.mp3
Music3 = 09 The_Russian_Internationale.mp3

instead of what it is now, which is:

Music0 = 09 The_Russian_Internationale.mp3
Music1 = 14 Don_Cossacks_Anthem.mp3
Music2 = 15 Farewell_of_Slavianka.mp3
Music3 = 16 God_Save_The_Tsar.mp3

Future plans: No more identically-looking Communist generals.
Must check if any Romania-related events exist and, if not, go ahead with creating those which are historically accurate and game appropriate.
Attachments
New splash for 1280 resolution.rar
(844.96 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
New splash for 1024 resolution.rar
(558.66 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
new splash.jpg
Original splash.jpg

Kev_uk
Colonel

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:57 am

Wow! You were quick on the ball with this! I am still waiting to download this demo...(70% as I write).

Return to “RUS Mods”