Hero989 wrote:@ Zenvaro ; Release soon your Update for this Great Mod? Спасибо
Hero989 wrote:@ Zenvaro : Здравствуйте, выйдет ли ваше обновление мода на этой неделе? Спасибо. Отличный мод.
polarbear wrote:I created an account just to say thank you for breathing life back into this game. Here in the USA we don't learn anything about the Russian Civil War in school (limited time for a lot of subjects) so finding this game made me interested, and I've now read some books on it. I'm going to start a new game tomorrow and hope it doesn't CTD too much.
Hero989 wrote:Anyone still playing this MOD with last Update? Comments? Thanks.
Hero989 wrote:@ Zenvaro ; Спасибо за обновление. Есть список изменений?
polarbear wrote:After completing my first playthrough I have some suggestions. First let me say that the game was remarkably stable. I had no CTDs compared to vanilla. I did have to restart the game occasionally when the UI got messed up but restarting fixed that. Now for suggestions:
1. I see my earlier post was unnecessary since my transport fleets are still moving supply
2. Can you give a one-turn warning before the British evacuate? I lost a lot of my fleet which was merged with the British
3. The Basmachi situation can result in Western White units being permanently trapped in the region, especially the ones that spawn there through events. If they push the Reds out quickly and become neutral, is there a way to force the Whites to leave but let them have the ability to leave? Something like how the Czech Legion loses cohesion if the Eastern Whites don't evacuate them?
4. This is my biggest complaint: Please, please tone down how powerful partisans are. If they're just raiding the countryside and picking off lone, weak units, that's fine. But they are wrecking professional cavalry divisions in my game, absolutely destroying them to a man. Combine this with their high speed and difficulty of detection and it becomes a bit insane.
5. The Finns are really powerful right now. The Reds lost Petrograd pretty fast
6. Could you rewrite the "distrust Denikin" decision so it is a bit clearer? I couldn't make sense of it and I really wanted to stop the constant Cossack problems without going the autonomy route. Does the decision do that?
7. Is there any way you could make the Western Whites more independent of what goes on in the East if the West is more successful? Something like doing the reforms decision or something else to improve national morale/loyalty even if Kolchak is in charge would be welcome. You have to increase loyalty so often to prevent mass rebellion that repressing over and over again absolutely kills your national morale. If the Western Whites are sitting there with the Caucasus, half of Ukraine, and some major Russian cities under their control, being politically limited by a faction that hasn't crossed the Volga doesn't make much sense.
I also had what looked like a bug. Usually when I set a corps to assault a structure, it does so. If it can't finish off the garrison, it waits a few days then tries again. For some reason Markov's corps, despite having over half cohesion and about 2,000 strength, kept assaulting for a half second and then reverting to defensive mode. This wasted weeks of game time sitting on a minor city whose garrison only consisted of two supply units, a transmission company, and a medical company. None of my other corps behaved this way and I don't remember this happening in vanilla, so it may be the mod.
Other than that, this was a great experience and it really revived this game for me. The AI is a lot more competent in three ways. First, it doesn't run around through your territory wreaking havoc but also running out of supply (except those invincible and invisible partisans). Second, it hits you hard where you are weak. Within one turn of the Northwest Army spawning, Trotsky came in and smashed the whole thing before I could train a decent number of men. Third, it knows when to retreat. In vanilla the AI would often stick around even after being mauled, but in this game each time I repulsed an offensive, the AI would pull back to recover rather than staying to die.
The increased flavor, unit variety, soundtrack, etc. were all great as well. Excellent mod.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests