Hohenlohe

Little AAR at SI-Games.com

Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:01 am

For all of you who are still undecided buying RUS I suggest to read my small AAR at

http://www.si-games.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21280

Sry for all non-german speaker, but the AAR is only on German...

greetings

Hohenlohe
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Clovis

Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:53 am

Hohenlohe wrote:For all of you who are still undecided buying RUS I suggest to read my small AAR at

http://www.si-games.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21280

Sry for all non-german speaker, but the AAR is only on German...

greetings

Hohenlohe

Hi, tthanks. I've used Google translation.

Very nicely done. I like the video you have included :thumbsup:

I will just point out you have given to the AIthe worst faction in the game, with terrible leaders, and best troops removed by events during game...
[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Hohenlohe

Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:44 pm

Clovis wrote:Hi, tthanks. I've used Google translation.

Very nicely done. I like the video you have included :thumbsup:

I will just point out you have given to the AIthe worst faction in the game, with terrible leaders, and best troops removed by events during game...

Thx, Clovis for your nice comment. Last night I gave the Finnish Reds a decent try and mastered the situation in holding Helsinki with them until the last month. But I must tell that I had a very little cheated because for my parallel ongoing GCs with the Reds and the Southern Whites I have made a decent change in the "structures"-file for the prerequisites of the Fortified Lines, so I had built in my Finnish Reds Game a decent Fort in Helsinki that allowed me to withstand the allied white finnish and the german forces as they assaulted Helsinki. With a power around 800 strength I could hold Helsinki to the last turn.
In my current game with the Whites I wanted to show some newcomers that this game is relatively easy to play and that they should give AGEOD and RUS a decent try.
From my current experiences I can tell that RUS is in terms of gameplay equivalent to AACW and is well rounded.
Like in the former AGEOD-Games the interface is very intuitive and relatively easy to understand so that even a newbie to strategy games will get a good entry to this strategy title.

I personally want to say thank you to you for your good work with the AI. It is more challenging that I had thought.

greetings

Hohenlohe
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Clovis

Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:00 pm

Hohenlohe wrote:Thx, Clovis for your nice comment. Last night I gave the Finnish Reds a decent try and mastered the situation in holding Helsinki with them until the last month. But I must tell that I had a very little cheated because for my parallel ongoing GCs with the Reds and the Southern Whites I have made a decent change in the "structures"-file for the prerequisites of the Fortified Lines, so I had built in my Finnish Reds Game a decent Fort in Helsinki that allowed me to withstand the allied white finnish and the german forces as they assaulted Helsinki. With a power around 800 strength I could hold Helsinki to the last turn.
In my current game with the Whites I wanted to show some newcomers that this game is relatively easy to play and that they should give AGEOD and RUS a decent try.
From my current experiences I can tell that RUS is in terms of gameplay equivalent to AACW and is well rounded.
Like in the former AGEOD-Games the interface is very intuitive and relatively easy to understand so that even a newbie to strategy games will get a good entry to this strategy title.

I personally want to say thank you to you for your good work with the AI. It is more challenging that I had thought.

greetings

Hohenlohe

Thanks.

Fortified line would be a weak AI point as it doesn't really know to build them in the right place. And RCW wasn't WW1, as Russian army was very poor at trench building during WW1and their successors shared the same lack of skill. :)
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Hohenlohe

Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:02 pm

I have made a small Update to the AAR...
The upcoming days there will be more to be seen...

greetings

Hohenlohe
R.I.P. Henry D.

Clovis

Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:58 pm

Hohenlohe wrote:I have made a small Update to the AAR...
The upcoming days there will be more to be seen...

greetings

Hohenlohe

That will be with a great pleasure. I would love to have time to do a so nice AAR :coeurs:
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

PhilThib

Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:11 pm

Yes, very interesting to read :coeurs: :cool:

Hohenlohe

Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:25 am

My little AAR is finished... :coeurs:

greetings

Hohenlohe
R.I.P. Henry D.

Return to “RUS: Revolution Under Siege AARs”