Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Can't read amount of resources available when using ledger

Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:16 pm

This may just be related to the size of my monitor, and it certainly isn't a game-breaker, but when I pull up the ledger and go into the production section of the ledger to build replacements, I can never tell how much money, war supplies, or recruits I have available to spend.

The reason for this is that the top of the ledger (at least on my configuration) covers the bottom of the tabs that give this information.

If the leger panel could be dropped about 20 pixels the information would be easy to read.

I'm assuming that covering it up is not a design feature.

I'm sure that somewhere in the game there is a textfile that determines how and where the ledger sits on the screen. I'd love to be able to make this change myself, but I don't know which file to start manipulating (or how to do it). I'm hoping/assuming that it is something almost as simple as suppressing the army outliners (which I like in this game, but not in AACW).

Failing that I'll wait for the next patch, which I'm hoping will include new flag graphics for Siberian Whites and Chinese Manchurians.

andatiep

Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:41 pm

Philippe wrote:This may just be related to the size of my monitor, and it certainly isn't a game-breaker, but when I pull up the ledger and go into the production section of the ledger to build replacements, I can never tell how much money, war supplies, or recruits I have available to spend.

The reason for this is that the top of the ledger (at least on my configuration) covers the bottom of the tabs that give this information.

If the leger panel could be dropped about 20 pixels the information would be easy to read.

I'm assuming that covering it up is not a design feature.

I'm sure that somewhere in the game there is a textfile that determines how and where the ledger sits on the screen. I'd love to be able to make this change myself, but I don't know which file to start manipulating (or how to do it). I'm hoping/assuming that it is something almost as simple as suppressing the army outliners (which I like in this game, but not in AACW).

This is related to the size of your monitor... But you still can maintain pushed your clic on the panel and move it down to see the ressources panel behind.

Philippe wrote:Failing that I'll wait for the next patch, which I'm hoping will include new flag graphics for Siberian Whites and Chinese Manchurians.

It will include a "new" flag for Eastern Whites side, which will have the same Russian White historical flag like the Southern White, but with a Siberian colored cocarde).

About the chinese icons, i'm waiting for your changes to include it in the next RUS upgrade :D .
Just PM me with your e-mail to get the few game icons to edit with GIMP or Photoshop :cool: .
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:00 pm

Boy, did I feel silly when I discovered that yes, as you said, I can move the ledger by clicking and dragging.

The PM has been sent.

One question. Do the Chinese Manchurians need all the flags that have been made for them? I don't think you can select the Chinese Manchurians as a playable factioin, so the side selection flags (or whatever you call them) seem a bit superfluous. I hope they don't actually have armies that can fight, because those banners draped in the corner of the screen would be a real pain to make. Whoever did the original Manchurian flags did a really good job.

Return to “Help to improve RUS”