AeonTal
Private

3rd red Army and stubborn fighting in Urals region

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:59 pm

In Grand Campaign on Eastern Front heavy fighting starts near Ufa or Volga,because there are no strong Red Units in Urals(several garrisons,red guards and Bluckher's units-thus we can dispute about possibility of Czar's rescue,but actually in June-October Urals was area of stubborn fighting.After fall of Ekaterinburg(July) Reds almost take it back in August.The same situation was with other towns in Middle Urals.
I found in book "Military Units in Urals during Civil War" by V.V Dublennykh list of Reds formations.Reds units was formed from great number detached elements and haven't experience to July ,1918.Nevertheless in June Reds had entire Army.
I think(and suggest) that using this units(historical) (or may be whole army) with Anti-Red units from Nevyansk rebellion(for balance) makes game more interesting on initial stage of Grand Campaign
I can prove its existence by serious books and recheck every name :) ))

[SIZE="4"]3rd Red Army[/size](aprx.16000)-formed 18.06.1918
HQ Location Ekaterinburg
Commander R.I.Berzin
Aide: M.M Lashevich
I.T.Smilga

East Infantry Division(G.I. Ovchinnikov)
HQ location -Irbit
-1 Brigade(M.V. Vasiliev)
1st Peasant's Communtist's regiment(F.E.Akulov)
1st Kamyshlovó Regiment(N.F.Chernyh)
-2 Brigade(I.A Chernoborodov)
4th Urals Regiment(I.P.Vyrishev)
1st Gorny(Mountain's) Regiment(S.A Khodov)
Volyn Regiment(A.I.Fedorovsky)

Division participate in first major counteroffensive on Urals capital-Ekaterinburg in 01.08-10.08.1918

Middle Division(P.A.Aideman)
HQ location -Nighny Tagil
- 1Brigade(F.Z.Zomberg)
2nd Gorny(Mountain's) Regiment(A.S.Grigor'ev)
3rd Gorny(Mountain's) Regiment(I.O.Mirovich)
1st and 2nd Nighny Tagil's Battalions
3rd Alapaevsk's Battalion
Visimo-Shaitansk's Battalion
2nd Nevyansk's Battalion
KhoKhryakov's Detachment
several more detached units(with 2 cavalry squadrons)
1 light battery
1 heavy battery
3 light armored trains
-2Brigade(P.I.Gebenev)
1st Workers' and Peasants'Regiment(A.T.Kochetkov)
3rd Ekaterinburg Regiment(I.A.Onufriev)
several detached units(like anarhist's units and so on)
1 cav. squadron
1 Petrograd light battery
-3Brigade(V.K.Reickhard)
2nd Ekaterinburg Regiment
1st Siberian Regiment
5th Urals Regiment
Latvian Regiment
Lysva Regiment(with Internationalists)
Kamyshlovo-Perm's Cavalry Battalion

West Infantry Division(N.A.Filimonov)
HQ Location -Kungur
Several detached units(3500 aprx.)-lately was disbanded

Ekaterinburg Infantry Division (all Ekaterinburg's regiments lately after heavy casualties of July 1918 was disbanded)
1st Ekaterinburg Rifle Regiment(with Blukher)
4rd Ekaterinburg Rifle Regiment
4 light batteries(one for each Ekaterinburg regiments)

Perm infantry Division(before July 1918)(in formation)
1st West Urals Regiment(ready)
7th Urals Rifle Regiment(ready)
8th Urals Rifle Regiment(not finished)

Florent

Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:24 pm

This area is somewhat depleted at start :D I will be a nice improvements in the next versions. :thumbsup: so that the games is better.
Just ordered yesterday Baltikum by Dominique Venner about the Freikorps units in the Baltic States to improve this area too in the bext months. Fascinating perios this 1917-1921 Russian Civil war.
The game will be greater.

Clovis

Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:59 pm

AeonTal wrote:In Grand Campaign on Eastern Front heavy fighting starts near Ufa or Volga,because there are no strong Red Units in Urals(several garrisons,red guards and Bluckher's units-thus we can dispute about possibility of Czar's rescue,but actually in June-October Urals was area of stubborn fighting.After fall of Ekaterinburg(July) Reds almost take it back in August.The same situation was with other towns in Middle Urals.
I found in book "Military Units in Urals during Civil War" by V.V Dublennykh list of Reds formations.Reds units was formed from great number detached elements and haven't experience to July ,1918.Nevertheless in June Reds had entire Army.
I think(and suggest) that using this units(historical) (or may be whole army) with Anti-Red units from Nevyansk rebellion(for balance) makes game more interesting on initial stage of Grand Campaign
I can prove its existence by serious books and recheck every name :) ))

3rd Red Army(aprx.16000)-formed 18.06.1918
HQ Location Ekaterinburg
Commander R.I.Berzin
Aide: M.M Lashevich
I.T.Smilga

East Infantry Division(G.I. Ovchinnikov)
HQ location -Irbit
-1 Brigade(M.V. Vasiliev)
1st Peasant's Communtist's regiment(F.E.Akulov)
1st Kamyshlovó Regiment(N.F.Chernyh)
-2 Brigade(I.A Chernoborodov)
4th Urals Regiment(I.P.Vyrishev)
1st Gorny(Mountain's) Regiment(S.A Khodov)
Volyn Regiment(A.I.Fedorovsky)

Division participate in first major counteroffensive on Urals capital-Ekaterinburg in 01.08-10.08.1918

Middle Division(P.A.Aideman)
HQ location -Nighny Tagil
- 1Brigade(F.Z.Zomberg)
2nd Gorny(Mountain's) Regiment(A.S.Grigor'ev)
3rd Gorny(Mountain's) Regiment(I.O.Mirovich)
1st and 2nd Nighny Tagil's Battalions
3rd Alapaevsk's Battalion
Visimo-Shaitansk's Battalion
2nd Nevyansk's Battalion
KhoKhryakov's Detachment
several more detached units(with 2 cavalry squadrons)
1 light battery
1 heavy battery
3 light armored trains
-2Brigade(P.I.Gebenev)
1st Workers' and Peasants'Regiment(A.T.Kochetkov)
3rd Ekaterinburg Regiment(I.A.Onufriev)
several detached units(like anarhist's units and so on)
1 cav. squadron
1 Petrograd light battery
-3Brigade(V.K.Reickhard)
2nd Ekaterinburg Regiment
1st Siberian Regiment
5th Urals Regiment
Latvian Regiment
Lysva Regiment(with Internationalists)
Kamyshlovo-Perm's Cavalry Battalion

West Infantry Division(N.A.Filimonov)
HQ Location -Kungur
Several detached units(3500 aprx.)-lately was disbanded

Ekaterinburg Infantry Division (all Ekaterinburg's regiments lately after heavy casualties of July 1918 was disbanded)
1st Ekaterinburg Rifle Regiment(with Blukher)
4rd Ekaterinburg Rifle Regiment
4 light batteries(one for each Ekaterinburg regiments)

Perm infantry Division(before July 1918)(in formation)
1st West Urals Regiment(ready)
7th Urals Rifle Regiment(ready)
8th Urals Rifle Regiment(not finished)

Hi,

Thanks for the OOB. Have you more informations about real size of these units? Regimental sizes could vary greatly from an handful of militia to more developped units... :)
[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

AeonTal
Private

Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:54 pm

Officially formation of this army started in 18.06.1918 with purpose to unite HUNDREDS of small and mostly independent units to something more reliable and controllable.Despite to this in 13-18.07.1918 list of units consists of dozens of small Red Guards detachments(from 30 to 400 strong) with formally described(list above) proto-regiments sorted not by higher units but by directions(for example - Krasnoufimsk's Direction:Saransk's detachment-200 rifles 1 mg,Krasnoufimsk's Detachment-100 rifles and so on(totally 730 rifles,4 mgs)
But to 01.09.1918 regrouping was mostly completed and we can find more formal list( -for example-

[SIZE="4"]1st Urals Infantry Division[/size](former East Infantry Division)(G.I. Ovchinnikov)-6568rifles,102mg
1st Peasant's Communtist's regiment-1080 rifles,14MGs
1st Kamyshlovó Regiment-1542 rifles,37MGs
Urals Regiment-740 rifles,15
1st Gorny Regiment-383 rifles,10MGs
Alapaevsk's Regiment-980 rifles,9MG
Volyn Regiment-945r,15mg
Reserve regiment-918r,2mg
Armored train №4
The question is how to show this formations in June 1918? Formal-then I'll translate all 3rd's Army listing on 1.09.18(near 20000-25000 if I understand correctly) or real(dozens of small bands)-i'll can translate them also-it will be more historical,but regroup manually by player's'hand... :)

Clovis

Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:04 pm

AeonTal wrote:Officially formation of this army started in 18.06.1918 with purpose to unite HUNDREDS of small and mostly independent units to something more reliable and controllable.Despite to this in 13-18.07.1918 list of units consists of dozens of small Red Guards detachments(from 30 to 400 strong) with formally described(list above) proto-regiments sorted not by higher units but by directions(for example - Krasnoufimsk's Direction:Saransk's detachment-200 rifles 1 mg,Krasnoufimsk's Detachment-100 rifles and so on(totally 730 rifles,4 mgs)
But to 01.09.1918 regrouping was mostly completed and we can find more formal list( -for example-

1st Urals Infantry Division(former East Infantry Division)(G.I. Ovchinnikov)-6568rifles,102mg
1st Peasant's Communtist's regiment-1080 rifles,14MGs
1st Kamyshlovó Regiment-1542 rifles,37MGs
Urals Regiment-740 rifles,15
1st Gorny Regiment-383 rifles,10MGs
Alapaevsk's Regiment-980 rifles,9MG
Volyn Regiment-945r,15mg
Reserve regiment-918r,2mg
Armored train №4
The question is how to show this formations in June 1918? Formal-then I'll translate all 3rd's Army listing on 1.09.18(near 20000-25000 if I understand correctly) or real(dozens of small bands)-i'll can translate them also-it will be more historical,but regroup manually by player's'hand... :)

Forget the latter, RUS will remain a game, and will never become a micromanagement manifest :) . Formal formations will be sufficient for a strategical game.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

AeonTal
Private

Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:22 pm

:) Then I'll provide full formal listing of 3rd Army of September' state(with locations,numbers and another information,used in game) with fotos and annotations of its commanders also with Nevyansk's rebels structure and numbers.In June-July was the real muddle thanks to regrouping,high losses and instant fighting and even Reds commanders often don't understand situation.You are right-this is a game not a visual aids for hardcore historians :) )

Clovis

Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:24 pm

AeonTal wrote: :) Then I'll provide full formal listing of 3rd Army of September' state(with locations,numbers and another information,used in game) with fotos and annotations of its commanders also with Nevyansk's rebels structure and numbers.In June-July was the real muddle thanks to regrouping,high losses and instant fighting and even Reds commanders often don't understand situation.You are right-this is a game not a visual aids for hardcore historians :) )

Thanks. Then we will see how to integrate this in the game :thumbsup:
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Florent

Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:32 pm

Aeontal, do you have also the OOB for White Forces in the Area ?
The addition of nearly 16000 men for the Red Army in the area will perhaps change the Balance so a verification is perhaps needed to be sure.

Florent

Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:34 pm

Then we will see how to integrate this in the game

The one star leader Berzin should be upgraded in the same time as a 2 stars Army commander. ;)

Seb

Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:15 pm

Florent wrote:Aeontal, do you have also the OOB for White Forces in the Area ?
The addition of nearly 16000 men for the Red Army in the area will perhaps change the Balance so a verification is perhaps needed to be sure.

Indeed. That's a good info but, IMHO, I thought that the game balance at that time and in this area needed to strengthen the Siberian Whites, not the Reds :(
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

AeonTal
Private

Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:08 pm

Aeontal, do you have also the OOB for White Forces in the Area ?

Yes,now I looking for more detailed information in book "White Army on Urals" also to 1st September,because both sides during Civil War constantly renamed,regrouped and reformed their forces -its normal to war but makes difficulties with dates to developers.From Sibs side can be used some of partizans detachments(Smolin,Kazangradi) and 7000 rebels from Nevyansk(some of their leaders was S-Rs),but I'll recheck all Sibs and Czechs units in this area(from Volga to Omsk excluding Dutov's Cossacs) with list.Most documents of Siberians was destroyed during Siberian Ice March and now it is impossible to say how many men was in each regiment in September or October or early or later.Sibs Army was huge(in August-40000 (10000 officers-other volunteers-very high moral) September-60000,October-10754 officers,59911 soldiers,113932 unarmed soldiers) after mobilization but poorly supplied and armed ) Middle Urals was a nut and 3rd Army was utterly perished but delayed Sibs till December making chance to other Reds to destroy Komuch.
By the way-what about Bashkirs -firstly they want independence,lately was on Kolchak's side,then gone to Reds,and finally in anti-Reds uprisings lost near 20% of population.

AeonTal
Private

Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:51 pm

About Bashkirs to strengthen the Siberian Whites :)

Firstly formed with Komuch help under aegis of national(separatist in goal) Baskir's Goverment "Bakurdistan" in Chelyabisk
September 1918
National Bashkir's Army(A.Z.Validi)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeki_Velidi_Togan
http://www.vexillographia.ru/russia/subjects/baskiria.htm -foto here

1st Bashkir's Infantry'-800
2nd Bashkir's Infantry'-715
3rd Bashkir's Infantry'-750
4th Bashkir's Infantry'-650
5th Bashkir's Infantry'-720
6th Bashkir's Infantry'-650
1st Bashkir's Cavalry -540
2nd Bashkir's Cavalry-1110
+supply team
art.division
communication team
several special detachments(more then 200 each)(near 2000 militia level)
Total(near 8500)
Units from this Army used in fight for Ekaterinburg,against Zinoviev and Blukher
Lately was under Dutov's control and(after Kolchak's decision about disbanding this units-remember-Validi was separatist in his eyes) in 18.02.1919 Bashkirs killed all Russians officers and gone to Reds,but lately some of them returned to Kolchak and lately gone to Reds again
But reds used Bashkirs and not care about their independence like in other cases -was several rebellions,so brutally subdued and after this rebellions Bashkirs populatiions not yet recover.

By the way,Bashkirs can be new subfaction,like Dons,they have Goverment,Army and (like Dons) their desire to independence borrows Whites and (like Dons) they don't wins anything from their treachery

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:06 pm

AeonTal wrote:About Bashkirs to strengthen the Siberian Whites :)

Firstly formed with Komuch help under aegis of national(separatist in goal) Baskir's Goverment "Bakurdistan" in Chelyabisk
September 1918

By the way,Bashkirs can be new subfaction,like Dons,they have Goverment,Army and (like Dons) their desire to independence borrows Whites and (like Dons) they don't wins anything from their treachery

Yes like Don Cossacks, Bashkirs(Başkort) have some autonom status in Russian empire times. They revolted many times. They had "Kanton" system army but abonded by Russian empire pressure. and in 1917 it appears that they wanted independence. They joined white forces but after 1919 it appears white forces attacked Bashkirs as white armies thought that Alash orda , Kazaks and Bashkirs will seperate Russia and Turkic countries(İt looks complicated :D )then Bashkirs changed sides. But They have some similarites to be a subfaction as Don cossacks in the game. They are originated in city "Ufa". Ural

From my reading their army consisted of 27000 men. But they were the first republic to declare indepence in Ural in 1917.

Edit: if wikipedia numbers are correct:
50,000 Czechoslovaks (along the Trans-Siberian railway) [8]
28,000 Japanese, later increased to 70,000 (in the Vladivostok region and north) [9][10]
24,000 Greeks (in the Crimea)[11]
40,000 British (in the Arkhangelsk and Vladivostok regions)[9]
13,000 Americans (in the Arkhangelsk and Vladivostok regions)
12,000 French and French colonial

These are some of the subfactions in the game. Bashkirs only half number of men compared to Czech legion. And it looks Siberian or Ural theatre of war is very cosmopolite in form of native or previous autonom states.

Edit:I have read, after Kolchak come to power in Omsk feb 1919, Bashkir government supports and join the Red side.

AeonTal
Private

Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Another White Sibs unit:
In book named "Fighting for Nizhny Tagil in 1918"(by A.M Kruchinin,Ekaterinburg-2008)I found information about two partizans detachments under command by podporuchik(junior officer)A.S Rychagov and by praporshik(subofficer)A.Borchaninov total 2200 strong(militia level).This units operated in Krasnoufimsk region(west of Ekaterinburg).Their help in taking of Ekaterinburg was significant because of their attacks of rear echelons of the Reds.Lately this detachments united with Sibs forces

Another trouble for Reds -forests between Perm and Ekaterinburg "was swarmed by Greens" evaded from reds mobilization.

AeonTal
Private

Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:36 pm

As I promise here list of [SIZE="5"]3rd Red Army[/size] on 1st September 1918
Commander:R.I.Berzin
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ru/4/40/Reinholds_Berzins.jpg
[SIZE="4"]1st Urals Infantry Division[/size]
Commander: G.I.Ovchinnikov
[ATTACH]14345[/ATTACH]
1st Peasant's Communtist's regiment-1080 rifles
1st Kamyshlovó Regiment-1542 rifles
Urals Regiment-740 rifles
1st Gorny Regiment-383 rifles
Alapaevsk's Regiment-980 rifles
Volyn Regiment-945r
Reserve regiment-918r
Armored train №4
Total: 6568 rifles

[SIZE="4"]2nd Urals Infantry Division[/size]
Commander: R.P Aideman
[ATTACH]14346[/ATTACH]
[SIZE="3"]1st Brigade[/size]
Commander:F.Z.Zonberg
http://www.rkka.ru/photo/zonberg_zhf.jpg
2nd Gorny Regiment - 512 rifles
3rd Gorny Regiment-817 r.
3rd Battalion of Alapaevsk's Regiment-495r.
Armored train №6
1/2 battery (2 guns)

[SIZE="3"]2nd Brigade[/size]
Commander:P.I.Gebenev
http://militera.lib.ru/memo/russian/sofronov_gp/20.jpg
3rd Ekaterinburg Regiment -870 r.
1st Workers' and Peasants' Regiment-360r
2 armored cars
3 planes(avia detachment)

[SIZE="3"]3rd brigade[/size]
Commander:V.K.Reickhard
http://militera.lib.ru/memo/russian/sofronov_gp/09.jpg
2nd Ekaterinburg Regiment -228 r.
1st Lysva Regiment-530 r
1st Siberian battalion-361 r.
5th Urals Regiment--329 r.
Armored train №1
Armored train №3
there are several separate units in division totally strong near thousand men
Strangely,but in list total number in Division is 12252 men despite here many fewer
[SIZE="4"]3rd Urals Infantry Division[/size]
Commander:R.P.Vaynyan
[ATTACH]14357[/ATTACH]
Estonian Communist Battalion -296 r.
1st Battalion of Ural's Communist's Party Department -275 r.
1st Battalion of 1st Perm Soviet Regiment-243 r.
Perm Battalion of railroadmen-600r.
Middle Ural's Regiment-385r
Revel's Detachment of sailors-386r.
Karganapolsky's Horse Squadron -unknown
Armored train №5
several separate small detachments totally strong near 500
[SIZE="4"]4th Urals Infantry Division[/size]
Commander:G.A.Ugryumov
(foto not found yet)
HQ -50 r
1st Krasnoufimsk's Regiment -1234r
2nd Krasnoufimsk's Regiment -489r
1st Latvian Libava's Regiment -172r
several separate units up to 300 r
Total in list -1936r.

[SIZE="4"]Special Detachment of Y.Y.Aplok[/size]
foto not found yet) -famous chastener.His unit acted between 2nd and 3rd red Army(but included in 3rd Army's list) in Vyatka region against peasant rebels and was devastated by Izgevsk and Votkinsk rebels.Lately this man participate in suppression of Antonov's uprising and was commander of Cheka in Ukraine.Of course,he was executed in Stalin's time

Up to 3000 men(big number of small units)
[SIZE="4"]Separate[/size]
Under Army's subordination several separate detachments 1029 men strong

Totally 3rd Army list consists 18470r (r -rifles or bayonets in Russian military literature means active infantry warriors in contrast to suppliers,HQ, and all auxiliary personnel which not used in combat directly.Also included MG-teams,mortars,artillery teams)

to be continue by updating this post ;)
Attachments
vanjan.jpg
0247503867.jpg
dsc_1650_resize.jpg

AeonTal
Private

Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:22 am

Another words about Nevyansk's rebels to strengthen the Siberian Whites

In March of 1918 from Petrogad to Nevyansk,Perm,Urals was evacuated 4th military car's workshop with all equipment and material assets including couple of armored cars and several dozens of cars and trucks. During evacuation this rear service's workshop consisted of near 300 officers and motorists.Many of them had military experience also many of them was S-R activists and was oppose to bolshevik's cause. They hoped to organize anti-bolshevik's movement in region free from Red's influence.In the presence of others motorists supported the Reds even participated in Local Soviet but from April of 1918 started covert preparations to rebellion in Nevyansk regions.
When in June 1918 most of Red Guard's units stationed in Nevyansk's region was send against approaching Whites and Czechs motorists with all anti-Red elements started a uprising in rear of 3rd Red Army.They cut railroad between Ekaterinburg and Nizhny Tagil divided Red forces from each other.Forces of the rebels count to 300 S-R activists,near 7000 peasants,2 armored cars(one of it was used to create self-made armored train),probably several self made armored cars.Hoverer with gasoline and armament was serious problems.Simultaneously in Ekaterinburg under "Union of front-line soldiers" starts several anti-Red riots. But movement of Whites and Czechs was stalled and Red command scotched a mutiny Ekaterinburg(during this repressions was arrested one of the Lenin's relative, Ardashev) and send fresh forces against Nevyansk's rebels.Pressed from both sides(from Ekaterinburg and Nizhny Tagil) by outnumbered forces,without help and with ammo shortage,rebels manage to hold out near the week but by the end was disarrayed and Reds took back all towns and villages. Some of rebels surrender and was executed (some of then executed even in 1940s) but some gone to Whites(and even formed detachment from former rebels) or to forest to became partisans.One of rebel's leader,Captain A.N.Eliseenko was shooted during arest by checkists in Ekaterinburg another,sub-officer P.Kukushkin gone to Ekaterinburg and waited till Whites.
This events known in Russian history as 'motorist's uprising" or Nevyansk's rebellion

Athens
Brigadier General

Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:52 am

AeonTal wrote:Another words about Nevyansk's rebels to strengthen the Siberian Whites

In March of 1918 from Petrogad to Nevyansk,Perm,Urals was evacuated 4th military car's workshop with all equipment and material assets including couple of armored cars and several dozens of cars and trucks. During evacuation this rear service's workshop consisted of near 300 officers and motorists.Many of them had military experience also many of them was S-R activists and was oppose to bolshevik's cause. They hoped to organize anti-bolshevik's movement in region free from Red's influence.In the presence of others motorists supported the Reds even participated in Local Soviet but from April of 1918 started covert preparations to rebellion in Nevyansk regions.
When in June 1918 most of Red Guard's units stationed in Nevyansk's region was send against approaching Whites and Czechs motorists with all anti-Red elements started a uprising in rear of 3rd Red Army.They cut railroad between Ekaterinburg and Nizhny Tagil divided Red forces from each other.Forces of the rebels count to 300 S-R activists,near 7000 peasants,2 armored cars(one of it was used to create self-made armored train),probably several self made armored cars.Hoverer with gasoline and armament was serious problems.Simultaneously in Ekaterinburg under "Union of front-line soldiers" starts several anti-Red riots. But movement of Whites and Czechs was stalled and Red command scotched a mutiny Ekaterinburg(during this repressions was arrested one of the Lenin's relative, Ardashev) and send fresh forces against Nevyansk's rebels.Pressed from both sides(from Ekaterinburg and Nizhny Tagil) by outnumbered forces,without help and with ammo shortage,rebels manage to hold out near the week but by the end was disarrayed and Reds took back all towns and villages. Some of rebels surrender and was executed (some of then executed even in 1940s) but some gone to Whites(and even formed detachment from former rebels) or to forest to became partisans.One of rebel's leader,Captain A.N.Eliseenko was shooted during arest by checkists in Ekaterinburg another,sub-officer P.Kukushkin gone to Ekaterinburg and waited till Whites.
This events known in Russian history as 'motorist's uprising" or Nevyansk's rebellion

Thanks for the data. i've integrated some parts of it, and I will certainly imrove this in the future. :)
Fatal Years mod for RUS: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2875975

My blog: http://moddercorner.com/about/

[SIZE="2"]Players quotes about Fatal Years:[/size]

the more I play this the more I become convinced that RUS is one of the best strategy games I have ever played... and I have played many since the mid 80's. The AI in this mod is at level with Sid Meier's best efforts.

AeonTal
Private

Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:18 pm

Thanks for you :) If I found something else interesting or important about war in Urals I'll certainly update this post :)

Return to “Help to improve RUS”