Alexor
Lieutenant

my very first CTD

Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:57 pm

after installing the official patch 1.01 i did 1 turn ok and the second one i got that CTD (never got it before) :(
i tried attached the necessary files but the it wouldnt upload here...Im emailing them to support@ageod.com, correct ?
Attachments
Capture1.JPG

Franciscus

Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:28 pm

Hello Alexor

I am not presuming to know what caused your CTD, but let me give you a couple of advices :p apy:, from more than 3 years patching and repatching AACW with dozens of beta and official patches:

1. It's safer to do a fresh uninstall/reinstall from scratch whenever a major patch comes out. Over the years there were several problems reported in AACW, that were solved by simply doing this. That's what I do whenever an official patch comes out, and many times even with beta patches.

2. From your screen capture I think you are playing a saved game. Saved games started with previous patch versions MAY work with newer patches but they also may not work. If you really want to end a saved game, the safer way is to not install the newer patch until you finish it.

Best regards

Alexor
Lieutenant

Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:58 am

Franciscus wrote:Hello Alexor

I am not presuming to know what caused your CTD, but let me give you a couple of advices :p apy:, from more than 3 years patching and repatching AACW with dozens of beta and official patches:

1. It's safer to do a fresh uninstall/reinstall from scratch whenever a major patch comes out. Over the years there were several problems reported in AACW, that were solved by simply doing this. That's what I do whenever an official patch comes out, and many times even with beta patches.

2. From your screen capture I think you are playing a saved game. Saved games started with previous patch versions MAY work with newer patches but they also may not work. If you really want to end a saved game, the safer way is to not install the newer patch until you finish it.

Best regards

Thx, will do that. you're right I'm playing a saved game with a previous patch and kept on playing with the new patch installed.

Return to “Help to improve RUS”