Emx77

RUS Gold Random Crashes

Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:40 pm

Dear Pocus, please find attached logs for some crashes occurred during gameplay. One is related with clicking on elements on the right side in unit build screen. I know it will be fixed in next patch. Other two occurred randomly. After reloading, they weren't reproducible. Please take a look, what could be reason?
Attachments
RUS Gold Crashes.zip
(10.33 KiB) Downloaded 220 times

andatiep

Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:22 pm

Probably same answer than here : http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?39831-Crash-while-processing-turn&p=350062#post350062

Hej, BTW, you should update your signature with the last strategic map you did for RUS Gold :)
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

bob.
General

Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:50 pm

This is for me a general problem with every AGEOD game, it always crashes after you play a large number of turns at once (10+).
It's really not a huge deal because the crash is always AFTER the turn has been saved so you just have to restart the game and end turn again.

A bit annoying but I understand why it isn't being actively fixed because bugs like this tend to be absurdly difficult and time-intensive to find.

andatiep

Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:27 pm

bob. wrote:This is for me a general problem with every AGEOD game, it always crashes after you play a large number of turns at once (10+).
It's really not a huge deal because the crash is always AFTER the turn has been saved so you just have to restart the game and end turn again.

A bit annoying but I understand why it isn't being actively fixed because bugs like this tend to be absurdly difficult and time-intensive to find.

I remember i had this kind of problem with other Ageod game and other computer/Windows system installation. It tend to disappear after i get used to save the game myself clicking the icon "save game" during my turn and not relying on the automatical save when you resolve the turn.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:36 pm

andatiep wrote: get used to save the game myself clicking the icon "save game" during my turn and not relying on the automatical save when you resolve the turn.

A sentance to be included in next version of the manual?

andatiep

Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:42 pm

ERISS wrote:A sentance to be included in next version of the manual?

Too much random error bug. AFAIK, it depend too much of your windows installation, third part softwares around and hardware.

deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:26 pm

My game crashed after a battle in the Ice March scenario as the reds. Alright I spent ten minutes trying to figure out how to add an attachment and I cannot figure out how to do it. If someone can tell me how, I will post the !Main log.txt and the save from the directory here, thanks !! (also, I have email on so if someone replies I will get it instantly, thanks again ^^)

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:26 pm

deidaraakatski wrote: how to add an attachment, I will post the !Main log.txt and the save from the directory

You click on [Go Advanced], [Manage Attachments], [Add Files], [Select Files], you select, [Upload Files], [Insert Inline], maybe [Done].

deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:06 am

ERISS wrote:You click on [Go Advanced], [Manage Attachments], [Add Files], [Select Files], you select, [Upload Files], [Insert Inline], maybe [Done].

Ah, thank you so much! Here it is:

!Main log.txt [ATTACH]34223[/ATTACH]

>.< I hope I did this right >.<.. ^ it is in notepad format, hope it doesn't interfere with your analysis of the file.

I think this is the save currently playing, there were many formats; this one is: .hst [ATTACH]34224[/ATTACH]

Some extra: Replay [ATTACH]34225[/ATTACH]

I hope I did all this right o.o ....
Attachments
Replay_RED.zip
(632.66 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
1-IceMarch1917.zip
(70.65 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
!Main log.zip
(5.12 KiB) Downloaded 218 times

Return to “RUS Technical support / Aide technique”