The Red Baron

Bugs with 1.06a QF3

Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:07 am

With RUS Gold planned for 2015, I realize further patches to RUS after the current 1.06a with QF3 probably won't happen; but, I wanted to post this bug report in the hopes the developers may implement fixes for the release of RUS Gold. I have noticed the following problems:

1. "Militiaman" ability does not function as intended (no bonus to militia elements under a leader with this ability; I tried multiple leaders but none provided the bonus)
2. "Strong Morale" ability does not function as intended (no cohesion bonus to other elements within the same unit; I tried using different elements with the same ability but none provided the bonus)
3. There is a siege bug, at least in the Finnish Civil War scenario with the Finnish leaders Sihvo and Wetzer against the city of Viipuri. The message log indicates a siege exists, including notifications that I have made breaches, but no siege icon appears in the region. When I switch either leader to assault posture, nothing happens; Finnish troops do not attempt to storm the city to capture it. Only when I re-assigned 1* leader C.J. Mannerheim to the siege stack in the Viipuri region did the siege icon appear, and I was able to storm Viipuri to capture the city and end the siege.

A mismatch also existed between the number of breaches I made in a structure and the number of hits I inflicted. For example, I laid siege to Helsinki and made 1 breach, indicating an SRV>=3; however, I inflicted only 10 hits upon the enemy rather than the 5 hits per each point of SRV as indicated by the manual. I noticed this mismatch more than once.

I can upload a save game file to illustrate the siege problem with Sihvo and Wetzer if the development needs it.

In addition, most regions of the Baltic sea zone in the Finnish Civil War scenario remained inaccessible. While I received control of German forces in Kiel, I was unable to move them to Finland. I received the message "This region cannot be entered in this scenario"; no open sea path existed to Finland.

andatiep

Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:21 am

Bonjour cher Baron,

Thank you for your report. It looks like this problems are already fixed in our prototype. Except your siege problem maybe, so your saved game and comments are welcomed so that we can try to observe and reproduce it.

The Red Baron

Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:50 pm

Hello Andatiep,

Here is the file:

The attachment Finnish Civil War.rar is no longer available

Thanks for your attention!
Attachments
Finnish Civil War.rar
(1.96 MiB) Downloaded 111 times

Return to “RUS Technical support / Aide technique”