mpopofsky
Conscript

Windows 8 problem -- HELP

Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:16 am

I recently moved to a Windows 8 machine. RUS will load, but only in a distorted graphics mode (1024 x 768). The game is essentially unplayable at that resolution. When I try to change resolution of screen to 1080 x 1920, the program crashes (Direct X error).

Espana '36 has a way to deal with this issue: The default setting for the graphics can be modified. There seems no such setting in RUS.

Can someone advise how to make the game function properly in Windows 8 or if there is a setting to ensure that runs in 1920 x 1080 mode?

To be clear: I reinstalled game, and in screen where I could access "display," tried to select correct resolution. But did not "hold" when the game launched. In Espana '36 there is a "game settings" menu to adjust resolution that appears absent in RUS. Unless I'm missing where it can be set.

Will a patch deal with this? I'm running Windows 8 version 6.2.

Thanks

mpopofsky
Conscript

Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:53 am

Thanks. The issue may have been the screen settings in Windows 8; by putting fonts at 100%, the resolution has improved. Will check why other potential crash issues.

arsan

Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:10 pm

Hi!

I also have a new computer with windows 8.1 and i haven't experienced any issues with sceen resolution on RUS or other AGEOD game
Have you checked the AGEsettings.exe program you have on the game folder?? It's where you imput your serial number, but also has different screen resolution settings you can try.
I usually use the standard settings (desktop resolution borderless if i reccall correctly) and don't have any issues.
Regards
PS: not sure if it can be related with your issues, but i installed all my AGEOD games on a C:/Games folder instead of the C:/Program Files(x86) preselected folder because i read somewhere using the Program files folder could sometimes give problems.

Return to “RUS Technical support / Aide technique”