DanSez
Sergeant

RUS - DNO Again - now mysterious and hugh NM loss for Reds

Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:47 pm

I am just being a wealth of information...
Ok, same game as other threads - I am playing Reds in DNO. Game started (I believe in Patch QF2) and recently added QF3.
I am playing the long wait gambit for the Soviets - no declaration of war for the first year to clean up the Southern Whites, Greens and maybe the Anarchist before considering any expansion of conflict.

Options tool tip says that I will get 2NM penalty per year (1 every 6 months) which should be 10NM total. It is Late August 1921 and the tool tip up top where my National Morale value is shown says -10MN for options and events. I did not take any options that would have caused that loss other than not declaring war,
If it was for not declaring war it should have been just -5NM, not -10NM. This would be the 6 month charge, not the full year charge.
There are no messages in the game screen log that tell me why or how this NM was lost.

If I have to take -20NM a year for not declaring war, that makes a big difference in choice of strategy and the Options screen tool tip does not say that, so either
1. I am getting the full year at one time
2. I am getting double penalized (program error)
3. There is some other hidden penalty happening

Here are the same game files I got from my opponent
Are there any other places to look for this wicked blow?
It would have to be from my opponent's computer this time as we do the swap/share host method.
[ATTACH]21922[/ATTACH]
Attachments
PBEM RUS DNO2 Aug2 1921.zip
(1.36 MiB) Downloaded 176 times

DanSez
Sergeant

Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:43 pm

Well I figured out a couple of points -
Partial mobilzied -1 NM and
Recruit Party Members -1 NM
(and assuming the -5 NM)

that still leaves -3 NM ghost charges out there somewhere. I did not lose any battles. Did gain a National Objective (Novorossiysk) due to garrison surrender.
There was a large Revolt along the Volga 2 turns back but I should have gotten any penalty from that the previous turn.

Is there any way any changes in NM, EP and ect.. can be forced to show up in the game log screen?

Still searching for those 3 lost points.

andatiep

Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:07 am

DanSez wrote:Is there any way any changes in NM, EP and ect.. can be forced to show up in the game log screen?

Maybe there is some events which did happen but are not displayed in the event report (code error or forgotten). I don't know this scenarios' code yet.
If you really want to see all the events and options which affect NM in this scenario (when and how) you can have a look on the RUS DataBase files (http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?5358-Official-Files-for-modding), and do a search for the lines with this key word : [TABLE]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #333333"]ChangeFacMorale
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

DanSez
Sergeant

Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:32 am

Thanks, I will dig around in that. The timing is odd though as I had given the option to Recruit Party Members and Paritial Mobilization - executed the turn, got the game log message that I was doing (x) but the National Morale did not change -- sent the game off in our share/swap mode of PBEM and when the next turn resolution arrived, I got the NM decrease (for those two options) but no message in the game log so it is like this time line:

Turn 13 - Option A and B
execute turn
Turn 14
(in game log report for Options mentioned)
no NM hit
execute turn
Turn 15
I see a -10NM beating with no messages in game log screen

I would request as any future expansion/patch be it for RUS or the new AACW2 -- that anything that impacts NM/EP/whatever control points are in the game, that the game log reflect the change with notes. The tool tip where the National Morale is shown said -10NM due to events and options. I would like the list of those events and options to be shown somewhere please.

Thanks for the feedback.

andatiep

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:41 am

DanSez wrote:I would request as any future expansion/patch be it for RUS or the new AACW2 -- that anything that impacts NM/EP/whatever control points are in the game, that the game log reflect the change with notes. The tool tip where the National Morale is shown said -10NM due to events and options. I would like the list of those events and options to be shown somewhere please.
Thanks for the feedback.

We are sharing this wish but your request is a quest which always need some more knights :neener:

Thanks You too for the feedbacks.

Note : for your PBEM, if really necessary, there is some trick to get back your NM during your game : it is to edit your game's file and create an event that give you NM during the next turn. Tell me if you need it. I wouldn't let you lose against a human opponent because of a code's or tooltip bug... :)

Note2 : to hunt such problems, in the LocalString file of the Database, we need to check the tooltips which say something different that the event's code is doing in the previous file i talked about above.

DanSez
Sergeant

Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:45 pm

That is a very interesting offer. I would not do that for the current game but a tool like that could be useful in a mutually agreed house-rule approach to some of the NM wacks -

Like the one in an previous thread where Soviets have declared war on (x) and we still saw 6 month negative for not declaring war.
Like the one my opponent just reported to me where Germany, sitting on the sunny Baltic beaches waiting for the war to start for them, got a message that they got -1NM for war weariness. I can't verify that is the case for him and is another reason I wish for some game log (either shown on screen or hidden in a game directory) that would list all changees to important variables like NM, EP, Money, Consripts, etc.

Yes please if you could I would like any tool or tip. I will pm with email contact info. Thanks again.

Revan
Corporal

Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:27 pm

Maybe you get the supplmentary NM penalty for not declaring war to Baltic states, FInland, Romania and Transcaucasia?

andatiep

Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:53 pm

Revan wrote:Maybe you get the supplmentary NM penalty for not declaring war to Baltic states, FInland, Romania and Transcaucasia?

I looked at it, but the code on this events seems OK (except that currently it can happen only 2 times in the game :-( ). He should have received at least a message which inform him about the -1 NM losses.

Return to “RUS Technical support / Aide technique”