DanSez
Sergeant

DNO scenario - I see messages that Soviets are being penalized for not declaring war

Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Early Dec 1921 - (2nd time I have noticed this message in the game log)
PBEM game - latest patch and QF2 recently added (mid game).
I am playing Germany, and have brought Rumania and Caucasus into the fight many turns ago.
The Soviets have declared war on the Baltic States much earlier.
This is the 2nd time (maybe 5 turns apart?) that I see a message stating Reds are being penalized NM for not declaring war on Finland, Rumania, Caucasus, and Baltic States. The only one they should be penalized for is the case of Finland (still neutral).

I asked my PBEM opponent to check his logs too in the latest set of files we exchange (dual hosting method).

Is this a known issue? Do I need to post my save game files here or what files/directories do I need to post to help with this.
This is my first game with RUS against a live opponent and my first run thru DNO.

Thanks
Dan

PhilThib

Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:19 am

You need to post both a saved game and the script reports of the turn when this occurs. It allows us to recreate what happens and check the reason for the message (a message is associated with an event and in the script report you can see if the event triggered or not, and for which reason)...

I suspect the reason is a stupid question of logic: the events for Soviet options penalizes them for not 'taking' the option to declare war on certain minor nations, twice per year... if the CP declare war with those same nations to the Soviet, the corresponding Soviet option is cancelled...BUT the logic of the script still 'sees' the option has NOT taken by the soviet side (as indeed it was taken by the other side), and so penalizes them... so it's WAD as far as I can see, although twisted.

To fix, it would need an extra line in the event that cancels the Soviet option (in case CP uses them first) that also cancels the associated penalty...

My 2 cents :cool:

DanSez
Sergeant

Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:46 pm

trying to attach the zip file --
save game and the associated script report text file
Attachments
RUS_DNO_declare_war_penalty.zip
(2.71 MiB) Downloaded 192 times

DanSez
Sergeant

Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:47 pm

yeah that seemed to work - thanks for looking into this.

Return to “RUS Technical support / Aide technique”