Arturian
Private

Total crashes

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:23 pm

Hello, dear Community!

I've bought the game this Friday on GamersGate and the problem is, that the game crashes totally and quite often. I can't see any correlation, why and when it happens. The game crashes, I can hear a very nasty sound, the monitor becomes grey with a kind of stripes and all I can do is to start my computer completely again . I have already read in this forum, I should start the game as an administrator but it doesn't work. Could you help me please? I really like the game, but it is not possible to play it this way!

Thank you very much and sorry for my terrible English ;) )

P.S. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

lodilefty

Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:39 pm

Welcome to the forums and to RUS!!!!!

We need more data!!

First, please be sure you have installed the latest patch:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?26886-RUS-Official-Patch-1-06a-November-12-2012

Then, if you still have issues,
Please submit the info as described in these links:
http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Send_Saved_Game
-and-
http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Send_Script_Reports

Note: new member restrictions [anti-spam measures] may prevent your attaching or posting a link.

If so, please email the files to [email="support@ageod.com"]support@ageod.com[/email] and post a message here when you have done that!
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Pocus

Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:32 am

Stripes on your computer screen? This is a video card problem. What about your driver?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Arturian
Private

Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:28 pm

he driver is the latest one, I 've got AMD Radeon HD 6970

Yesterday I deinstalled the game, deactivated the UAC and installed it again as an administrator and played it several times in administrator mode. It still crashes, I still can hear a sound, but the picture is freezing now (so there are no stripes now). Aftercrashing I have to start the PC again , because I can't do anything else. What can it be?

P.S.and how do you mean video card problem? Is my video card out of order? Or is it a kind of communication problem of the game and ma video card?

Thank u!

Pocus

Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:11 am

In this case if you can play the game but it still crashes, please provide us with the logs as per Lodilefty post.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “RUS Technical support / Aide technique”