LCS833
Conscript

Screen resolution won't change after adjustment

Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:13 am

Hello, I'm not able to change the screen resolution for ROS or any of my other AGEOD games. I had no problem with this before. I go to the configuration utility and change to the desired resolution but when I start the program the resolution is the same as the desktop.

I have made no changes to my video card hardware and native desktop resolution. All my drivers are up to date. At the current settings I was able to run the AGEOD programs with the desired screen resolution in the past.

My non AGEOD programs don't have this problem. What's going on here?

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:01 pm

You can edit the Display.opt file in \RUS\Settings folder.
Maybe try with
FullScreen = 0
Windowed = 1
Borderless = 1
D3D9FullScreen = 1

lodilefty

Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:36 pm

It works correctly for me, with the latest [as yet unreleased] game engine!

With the Configuration Utility you should try:
1. setting Fixed Resolution, with borders,
2. set what you want with the Screen Resolution pulldown list,
3. and then click on the Change button. [this step gets overlooked often]

AFAIK, Full Screen mode and Fixed without borders will run at desktop resolution regardless of your choices.....
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

LCS833
Conscript

Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:53 pm

lodilefty wrote:It works correctly for me, with the latest [as yet unreleased] game engine!

With the Configuration Utility you should try:
1. setting Fixed Resolution, with borders,
2. set what you want with the Screen Resolution pulldown list,
3. and then click on the Change button. [this step gets overlooked often]

AFAIK, Full Screen mode and Fixed without borders will run at desktop resolution regardless of your choices.....

What you described above only works for windowed mode. The resolution does change there but I'm trying to make it so for full screen mode. I think what you said about full screen mode is incorrect. For years I've been able to run AGEOD games in full screen resolution and reduce the resolution to run different from my desktop resolution. Also if what you said was correct than there would not be an option to change the resolution for full screen mode in the configuration utility. Also this happened to all my AGEOD games at the same time. They are obviously not in the same directory so how can this be happening?

lodilefty

Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:31 pm

If it's all the games at same time without any patch changes, it almost has to be something not-AGEOD.

Windows update perhaps?

...and why not run in Windows mode if you are trying to run other than screen resolution?
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

LCS833
Conscript

Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:51 pm

lodilefty wrote:If it's all the games at same time without any patch changes, it almost has to be something not-AGEOD.

Windows update perhaps?

...and why not run in Windows mode if you are trying to run other than screen resolution?

I don't think updates are the case because I have all update searches turned off and have updated anything since the last time resolution worked as normal. The only thing I did change between the time it worked normal till now is my connection output for my graphics card to my monitor. I changed from a VGA connection to DVI connection. Is it possible that this is whats causing it?

Nikel

Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:01 pm

Have you tried with the scaling options of you graphics card?

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:21 am

LCS833 wrote:I changed from a VGA connection to DVI connection. Is it possible that this is whats causing it?

Nikel wrote:Have you tried with the scaling options of you graphics card?

It should be good, as scaling is possible with a DVI connection, not with a VGA one.

Return to “RUS Technical support / Aide technique”