Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Crash patch 1.03a

Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:47 pm

After a couple of turns I get a CTD, something about insufficient memory? my French is non existing. Is this a problem only for me and my computer or a bigger problem?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RW0P5OI0
"Saw steamer, strafed same, sank same, some sight, signed smith" From "The Thousand Mile War" by Brian Garfield.

Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:36 pm

Okay I solved the problem by buying more ram to the computer, so now I have 4 GB instead of 2 GB as I had before.
"Saw steamer, strafed same, sank same, some sight, signed smith" From "The Thousand Mile War" by Brian Garfield.

Durk

Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:14 am

Sorry I am late in reply. Glad you fixed the issue. I place my computer settings to allow it to use 75% of available memory. This fixed this issue for me. But you did the same thing a different way.

Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:30 pm

New problem but it is a crash so i reuse the same thread.

Just push the "End Turn" button and after a few error messages I get kicked out to the main menu. I tried twice and the same result. I play as the communist.

logs and savegame in a rar file for downloading below.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YA9E8MJN

Durk

Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:36 am

Others may have a better answer, but try this. Back up one version of the patches and see if the same thing happens.
I am playing PBEM 1.03a and have not seen this issue. By backing up to an earlier version you can see if this is unique to the update.
I am not able to view your file via the link you used, it pushes a video at me to watch. Maybe use rar or zip protocol without secondary website? Zip is easiest for me.

Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:25 am

That is strange...I get directed to the page and after a minute I get a download button and I get the file.

yeah the file is some 17 Mb big so it is impossible to upload it to the foum. if i turn it into a zip file it grows to 35 MB. Do you know of a uploading site that is better then megauploading?

Durk

Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:22 am

Try this, maybe you have, run the game as an administrator. You can do this one of two ways. Right click and select run as admin. Other option, select Properties and change to run as admin. For me, running as an admin solves most of my problems.
I do not know why it grows as a zip, this is strange. I actually never upload to a secondary site, so cannot help in this manner.
I am so sorry this game is not working for you. What operating system are you using, that might help.
Maybe try this. To zip, if you are Windows 7, just right click. If you are earlier, use the winzip free version.

Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:05 am

Durk wrote:Try this, maybe you have, run the game as an administrator. You can do this one of two ways. Right click and select run as admin. Other option, select Properties and change to run as admin. For me, running as an admin solves most of my problems.
I do not know why it grows as a zip, this is strange. I actually never upload to a secondary site, so cannot help in this manner.
I am so sorry this game is not working for you. What operating system are you using, that might help.
Maybe try this. To zip, if you are Windows 7, just right click. If you are earlier, use the winzip free version.

well if I can start and play several turns when not in admin mode how should it help to change to admin mode? also I have installed the game outside of the "program files (x86)" so the admin problem shouldn't be presnt as far as I know.

Im using win7.

Yeah i got winrar but I know how to zip files in windows. The problem is that I have played for such a long time in the game that the savegame get quite big.

Durk

Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:26 am

Kotik wrote:well if I can start and play several turns when not in admin mode how should it help to change to admin mode? also I have installed the game outside of the "program files (x86)" so the admin problem shouldn't be presnt as far as I know.

Im using win7.

Yeah i got winrar but I know how to zip files in windows. The problem is that I have played for such a long time in the game that the savegame get quite big.

I am not sure why you and I are alone on this thread, but we are, so here goes.
Admin mode in Win 7 eliminates so many issues, try it. I know, lots of good turns and then it crashes. Try admin mode. Just try it. This fixed my problems.
Win 7 is crazy nuts. If you do not use admin mode, it will not work. Sorry, this is just what happens.
Size of files in zip are not an issue, if zipped. Really.

Return to “RUS Technical support / Aide technique”