Scipio
Private

Bug Report

Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:32 am

Completed Red campaign without major problems. A few bugs/observations:

Get a Red general definitely not working after a while. This isn't a result of a fixed limit, since I had a number of generals killed.

I got Brusilov due to an event. The text in the message box was something like evt_nam_Renforts_Red_TsaristOfficers_Brusilov.

Mogilev stays at 100% loyalty.

Polish AI seemed pretty conservative, didn't advance until 1921, maybe because I didn't have Kiev. When I took Minsk, there was an automatic armistice. Poles also liked to use their airbases like scouting cavalry, so I picked up several of these without a battle.

White AI appeared pretty passive in general. I took Rostov when the Southern Whites were busy elsewhere and their main force spent the rest of the game watching Stalin from across the Don until I cut off its supply and destroyed it.

NY Rangers
Major

Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:08 pm

I recommend Fatal Years mod for all-around better gaming experience. :)

Scipio
Private

Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:09 pm

I'll try that after the ammo bug is fixed.

To be fair to the AI, the situation in Rostov was a little tricky. With a large Red force in Rostov, the AI had to garrison Azov. Deciding how much of a blocking force is required while creating a maneuver force may be too much to expect of an AI. It did detach a corps to try to cut off the supply line of the flanking force I had sent from Tsaritsyn, but it was inadequate.

It may be my imagination, but I think the AI used to be a little more aggressive in sectors where it had a preponderance in force, especially early in the campaign. Now it seems more defensive. Less exciting in the short run, maybe more effective in the long run.

NY Rangers
Major

Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:46 pm

Scipio wrote:It may be my imagination, but I think the AI used to be a little more aggressive in sectors where it had a preponderance in force, especially early in the campaign. Now it seems more defensive. Less exciting in the short run, maybe more effective in the long run.

The reason is that the AI has not been adjusted to updated versions. In FY it has been done with very good results.

I think the effects of ammo bug are quite minor overall.

Scipio
Private

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:53 pm

NY Rangers wrote:The reason is that the AI has not been adjusted to updated versions. In FY it has been done with very good results.

I think the effects of ammo bug are quite minor overall.

OK, you're right. The discussion of the pancake mod in another venue convinced me.

I've been playing FY for the past couple of days. Very impressed so far. It seems to have fixed the database errors. The rebalancing looks very good.

A pity about the unpleasantness between Clovis and AGEOD. But an unhappy marriage often produces brilliant progeny. ;)

Return to “RUS Technical support / Aide technique”