Scipio
Private

Battle Report Screen

Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:53 pm

No more CTD's, but I noticed that the processing of the turn is not being paused when the Battle Report Screen appears. Files attached.

Also noticed that in Ice March when you use engagement points to get a new Red general, he appears outside the active playing area and is immediately destroyed for lack of transport.
Attachments
RUS3.zip
(918.41 KiB) Downloaded 241 times

Hobbes

Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:38 am

This is also still a problem in WiA.

Cheers, Chris

Scipio
Private

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:15 pm

OK, engine problem then. Thanks.

Kev_uk
Colonel

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:12 pm

Scipio wrote:OK, engine problem then. Thanks.

Mentioned this in 1.02b thread a while ago. Annoying as anything, cos it really messes with the battle report logs too. Missed some important engagements because of this bug.

Scipio
Private

Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:13 am

Noticed in the WIA forum that people were blaming Windows 7, but I'm using XP. I assume this is being addressed by the Powers That Be.

I bought this on release (probably a mistake, but the subject interested me and I wanted to support the concept of outside developers taking on less popular topics) and I'd really like to play it.

Pocus

Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:28 pm

I got the problem once too, but in Seven... Now if it happens also in XP, it can mean the code changed, which is weird for this part.

I'll fetch a copy of RUS from Seb and see if I get the same bug.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Scipio
Private

Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:56 pm

Thanks for taking a look at this.

Hobbes

Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:45 pm

Pocus wrote:I got the problem once too, but in Seven... Now if it happens also in XP, it can mean the code changed, which is weird for this part.

I'll fetch a copy of RUS from Seb and see if I get the same bug.

I see it only about once in every 10 turns or so in WiA.

Cheers, Chris

Scipio
Private

Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:21 am

Did a clean install with the latest patch. Still seeing a failure to pause the turn execution with the battle screen. I'm getting it just about every turn.

There also seems to be a more fundamental problem. I've attached the files for my latest try at Ice March. In the message box there are battles reported for 9/36 and 11/36, one for Novocherkassk and another for Ekaterinodar. But I think both battle reports must be for Novocherkassk. Look at the commanders and the number of armored trains. I can't tell whether this is just a reporting problem or whether it's having an effect on the battle resolution itself.
Attachments
RUS3.zip
(848.89 KiB) Downloaded 235 times

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:50 am

Pocus wrote:I got the problem once too, but in Seven... Now if it happens also in XP, it can mean the code changed, which is weird for this part.

Scipio wrote:Did a clean install with the latest patch. Still seeing a failure to pause the turn execution with the battle screen. I'm getting it just about every turn.

There also seems to be a more fundamental problem. I've attached the files for my latest try at Ice March. In the message box there are battles reported for 9/36 and 11/36, one for Novocherkassk and another for Ekaterinodar. But I think both battle reports must be for Novocherkassk. Look at the commanders and the number of armored trains. I can't tell whether this is just a reporting problem or whether it's having an effect on the battle resolution itself.

I have win 7 but it wasnt a problem in ROP.
Especially when playing reds it becomes more of a problem in Rus while fighting multiple fronts. All the battle reports in that turn getting mixed up.

I tried changing all settings in agesettings etc..borderless, with border,full screen but didnt help :bonk: :(

Hobbes

Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:39 pm

Scipio wrote:Did a clean install with the latest patch. Still seeing a failure to pause the turn execution with the battle screen. I'm getting it just about every turn.

Yes the reports also get confused when this happens.
Cheers, Chris

Pocus

Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:21 am

This affect others games, and this is so weird as this code worked for years, so something has changed it seems. I would prefer to get a report from an official Ageod game, and not an AGE engine game, as I can work on the code much more easily.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

NY Rangers
Major

Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:54 am

I think deselecting "pause after battle" could help for now.

NY Rangers
Major

Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:19 pm

NY Rangers wrote:I think deselecting "pause after battle" could help for now.

That is, it helps following the turn without messy battle reports. I just played one turn and it certainly does so.

Scipio
Private

Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:44 pm

NY Rangers wrote:That is, it helps following the turn without messy battle reports. I just played one turn and it certainly does so.

Thanks for pointing this out. I'd forgotten about this option.

I was worried that the problem might be corrupting the battle resolution routine and affecting subsequent turns. Maybe I'll try a campaign now.

Hobbes

Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:54 pm

Pocus wrote:This affect others games, and this is so weird as this code worked for years, so something has changed it seems. I would prefer to get a report from an official Ageod game, and not an AGE engine game, as I can work on the code much more easily.

Testing KWW I see this just about every turn now. Do you not see the problem when you try a turn Philippe?
Maybe I see it more now testing against the AI than I did playing v myself.

Cheers, Chris

Return to “RUS Technical support / Aide technique”