Kev_uk
Colonel

CTD after continue game.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:29 pm

Hi
Everytime I reload RUS and Continue Game, when I end turn, the game starts the AI activity (the bar along the screen), and then it crashes. This happens both with a clean install with NO mods, as well as with mods. The way around this appears to be to restore the previous turn via the Load Menu, then it works fine and continues to work fine - it just happens when I reload RUS and continue game.
Attached is my error log.
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Hohenlohe

Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:11 am

Kev_uk wrote:Hi
Everytime I reload RUS and Continue Game, when I end turn, the game starts the AI activity (the bar along the screen), and then it crashes. This happens both with a clean install with NO mods, as well as with mods. The way around this appears to be to restore the previous turn via the Load Menu, then it works fine and continues to work fine - it just happens when I reload RUS and continue game.
Attached is my error log.

Hello Kev_uk, although not belonging to the team I just take a short look inside your log file and I recognizes sofar that the problem could be associated with a main failure in the Image Library in some way because it starts with a error message related to the GUI in some way like the "ledger_back" and later on it seems the program was not able to initiate the appropriate png files and such else...

Please try the follwing if you have more than one partition it will be useful to copy the whole game installation away without deleting any files now. If have only one main partition you should simply create a new folder named as you wish and then copy the RUS directory folder inside that new folder...

Then please delete your RUS game by de-installation routines...Now defrag your whole partition and after that re-install the whole RUS game until the current patch situation. Then copy your old save games from your back-up folder into the newly installed RUS folder aka save game sub-folder.

Now try to restart your old saved game and take a look on the outcome of the subsequent turns...If this old problem appears again then secure the save files by pack-zipping them in another folder, then do so with the backupped save games related to your old game...

Oooh, I forgot before you copy any files into the newly installed game you should copy away the new save game folder to another new back-up folder for later recreation of the basic installation.

Try now after all this actions to play a totally new game with similar conditions until the same turn rate as in your old bugged save game and try to see what happens now...If your problem exists anew then now zip the save game file anew. Now take a slightly deep breathe and approach the developer team and offer them these zip-files added by a good description what you have done sofar and they should be able to take a good look inside and then they can try to solve any problems sofar...

That is the way I would do it...

Hohenlohe...*smile*
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Kev_uk
Colonel

Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:53 am

Greetings Hohenlohe,
Thank you for your advice. I scanned the log file and yes it does appear that those files are 'missing', however I did a search for those files and they are not at all in the RUS Graphics folder, and yet the game still runs fine when I either start a new campaign, or revert to a previously saved turn from the same campaign. Then, the game runs.

I think, maybe I am wrong, that it is something to do with the AI logs. This problem never happened to me whilst I was running 1.02b, it is since installing 1.03 with the hotfix .exe that these problems have arisen. Today I uninstalled the game, deleted the folder, and then reinstalled RUS with the 1.03 patch and then the new .exe. It still occurs when I end turn from continue game.

As it is late now, tomorrow I will do as you suggest, that is delete the game, defrag my Hard Drive and try again.

Thank you for your help!

Kevin

Hohenlohe

Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:00 am

Kev_uk wrote:Greetings Hohenlohe,
Thank you for your advice. I scanned the log file and yes it does appear that those files are 'missing', however I did a search for those files and they are not at all in the RUS Graphics folder, and yet the game still runs fine when I either start a new campaign, or revert to a previously saved turn from the same campaign. Then, the game runs.

I think, maybe I am wrong, that it is something to do with the AI logs. This problem never happened to me whilst I was running 1.02b, it is since installing 1.03 with the hotfix .exe that these problems have arisen. Today I uninstalled the game, deleted the folder, and then reinstalled RUS with the 1.03 patch and then the new .exe. It still occurs when I end turn from continue game.

As it is late now, tomorrow I will do as you suggest, that is delete the game, defrag my Hard Drive and try again.

Thank you for your help!

Kevin

No problem, dear Kevin, I only try to help other fellows the same way I got so much help sofar...

heartly greetings

Hohenlohe... :coeurs:
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Kev_uk
Colonel

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:51 am

Well, after another totally clean install, this time on another physical Hard Drive (defragged, loads of space) it still happens - start game, continue game, end turn, gets to end of Southern Whites AI bar then crashes. Revert to previous save and works.

Attached are all the files relating to this - including save game.
Attachments
crash with grand campaign..rar
(935.59 KiB) Downloaded 175 times

Return to “RUS Technical support / Aide technique”