76mm
Conscript

Problem with Tutorial

Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:53 pm

I'm very intersted in this period and would like to get this game. The learning curve looks pretty steep, and I am trying to play the tutorial but have a rather strange problem: clicking on the "next slide" arrow in the tutorial text boxes does not advance to the next slide (text box, whatever). I can click on the left arrow and go back, but not forward. I know that I can right click, and select the necessary line in the log at the bottom, but this is very tedious. Is there a hot key to fix this, or am I missing something?

As an aside, the "image recognition" part of registering for this forum was a freaking nightmare, I had to try about twenty images before I got it right...do you really have to make it so freaking hard? I almost quit in frustration.

Flop
Major

Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:08 pm

If the tutorial message you're having trouble with is the second message of the first tutorial, I believe that's because you have to close that message, then re-open it, by double-clicking on the appropriate line in log. Then you should be able to advance. :)

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:09 pm

Flop wrote:If the tutorial message you're having trouble with is the second message of the first tutorial, I believe that's because you have to close that message, then re-open it, by double-clicking on the appropriate line in log. Then you should be able to advance. :)

That's a bug. The right arrow won't never works back.
Else you quit R.U.S. and relaunch it, else you can only continue the tutorial by using the log messages.

Cat Lord

Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:48 pm

Hi,

what resolution to you use in the game (I am wondering if it could affect the way arrows are working) ?

I tested the demo in 1600x1200.

Cat
[CENTER]
Image[/CENTER]

zman
Civilian

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:09 pm

I experienced the same behavior. The right arrow ceases to function on the tutorial boxes- HOWEVER the tutorial boxes can still be advanced by using the center wheel on the mouse. This is annoying as a double click puts you back to the map- but it does allow you to finish the tutorial.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:27 am

Cat Lord wrote:what resolution to you use in the game (I am wondering if it could affect the way arrows are working) ?

Mine is 1280x1024 (then 1920*1080). (But I think the resolution doesn't matter).

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:07 am

There is still this very frustrating bug in Gold. New disgusted fed up player, stay with us !:

zman wrote:I experienced the same behavior. The right arrow ceases to function on the tutorial boxes- HOWEVER the tutorial boxes can still be advanced by using the center wheel on the mouse. This is annoying as a double click puts you back to the map- but it does allow you to finish the tutorial.

You must put the mouse cursor on the tutorial text window (it won't work while on the map),
and turn down (not click down) the mouse wheel to go to the next page (turn up goes to the previous one).

andatiep

Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:48 pm

ERISS wrote:There is still this very frustrating bug in Gold. New disgusted fed up player, stay with us !:
We must put the mouse cursor on the tutorial text window (it won't work while on the map),
and turn down (not click down) the mouse wheel to go to the next page (turn up goes to the previous one).

ERISS, the master of necro-posting :thumbsup: ! Where did the scout of the catacombs of this forums find this old one of 2010 :w00t: ?!

To answer, you know we had no means and skills to perform this changes for the Gold.
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:41 pm

andatiep wrote: we had no means and skills to perform this changes for the Gold.

That's why this very irritating bug, making the newby wondering if the whole game will be as buggy boring, has to be addressed a way or other. The better would have been to add this warning and solution in the tutorial text itself, I forgot about making this.
Following a tutorial is not very pleasant, but if additionnaly the tutorial tells the following while preventing it it's very frustrating.

andatiep

Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:19 pm

ERISS wrote:That's why this very irritating bug, making the newby wondering if the whole game will be as buggy boring, has to be addressed a way or other. The better would have been to add this warning and solution in the tutorial text itself, I forgot about making this.
Following a tutorial is not very pleasant, but if additionnaly the tutorial tells the following while preventing it it's very frustrating.

You know, if your point could be warned with only texts somewhere, it is very easy to add it. So tell us if there is some tooltips to edit to explain things better or warn about strange interface behaviours.
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:33 pm

andatiep wrote:, if your point could be warned with only texts somewhere, it is very easy to add it. So tell us if there is some tooltips to edit to explain things better or warn about strange interface behaviours.

Okay, I already saw few bad numbers in the tutorial (it seems a late balance has changed some units), I will propose new texts for a next patch.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:02 pm

The good text is written, in 2nd page of Tutorial1, but only about the Message Log...
So we have to add a sorry warning of bug, in 1st page (for the very unlucky), for the learning player knows he has to actually retain the (same) alternative move(s) for the Tutorial Window.

Return to “RUS Technical support / Aide technique”