Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Leon Trotsky Exile in one of İstanbul islands Büyükada in 1929

Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:42 am

By baris30 at 2012-07-05

In the newspaper it is written Trotsky doesn't give up the idea about moving to England. He will send his young clerk M. Mollenier for acceptence. His family does travel in the island but he doesn't. The people who passes near his house can hear his typewriter voice.
By baris30 at 2012-07-05

Source: http://www.futuristika.org/kultura/efemerista/trockinin-ardinda-biraktigi-gazeteler/
Documentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfp-uJscUE4

Narwhal

Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:06 am

Interesting. I did not know.

Relationships between Soviet USSR and Kemalist Turkey were good, I would imagine that's why Lev later moved out.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:44 pm

I liked the documentary in youtube it is very well done with old pictures and old newspaper articles.
In one part he was answering while he was fishing in İstanbul, would he be in Russia if Lenin lived. He answered that We both would be fishing here if Lenin was alive. :D
Bu it is tragic life.

M.Kemal and the government I guess a bit worried when he came as refugue. Whites were also exiled in this city. And most importantly he would not risk SSCB and Stalin "friendship" when they asked to move him somewhere else. He was a hard refugue I guess.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:30 pm

Baris wrote: he was answering while he was fishing in İstanbul, would he be in Russia if Lenin lived. He answered that We both would be fishing here if Lenin was alive. :D

I don't think so. Trotski was the body of Lenin who could only be a head for his poor health.
If Lenin had good health, he would not permit Trotski being his body. Trotsky would be a concurrent for Lenin, and Lenin would have killed Trotsky when no longer needed (or ok, Trotsky would be in Russia as he said, if he had killed Lenin).
Stalin was "Lenin and Trotski in the same body", he didn't need a concurrent Trotsky.

Like I already said in the forum, Trotsky wrote in 1904 in "Our political tasks", more than 30 years after Bakunin, that communism/bolshevism was leading to power-of-only-one/stalinism (but Trotski was aiming Lenin). (Many anarchists too forbid this warning).
But, as Lenin let Trotsky be his body, this power corrupted Trotski who finaly agreed their stalinism as he was half part of it. But he finally could not be the stalin (Stalin went), so he went crying afterward that it was not fair.

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:58 am

The attachment PL4GmcX6ELo8lJ8HOssg4wUnPzCCv75RJE4ruY8eLkDQ.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
PL4GmcX6ELo8lJ8HOssg4wUnPzCCv75RJE4ruY8eLkDQ.jpg

Return to “RUS History club / Discussions historiques sur la Guerre Civile Russe”