ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

The makhnovist plane

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:57 pm

http://www.makhno.ru/lit/chop/6.pdf
What I understand, translating French with google:
A plane, looted by makhnovists, would have been left for them by the Reds, in order to making their distrust asleep.
But this plane, with its bolshevik pilot!, finally saved the Makhno' life when Dybenko wanted to kill him.
Makhnovists were fond of technology, even they had few people able to use it. So, they didn't happily destroy everything. They even took planes in parts on their tatchanka, hoping for a future use.

Krot
Sergeant

Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:27 pm

Thank you Eriss for the link.

The article is rather informative and academic enough in spite of the fact that the author belongs to the ukrainology (sic!) department of Dnepropetrovsk (former Ekaterinoslav) Technical University. Ukrainology as unique science invented in Ukraine rarely attracts mentally decent people. :)
It is the constant subject for jokes of my Ukrainian friends.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:33 am

Krot wrote: the author belongs to the ukrainology department of University.
It is the constant subject for jokes of my Ukrainian friends.

Yeay ukrainian people don't need this. Bourgeoisy in ukrainian state need it, as they collaborate for so long (still now) with russian power that they have to show they are "true ukrainians", and too they want to gather people in their government and need History to hide their collaboration. So, ukrainian History is officially joke, not very serious.
Everyone who did not collaborate with 'Soviet' power was killed, and who collaborate had to speak russian, so ukrainian people learned to hate the russian language (my few ukrainian sex workers friends become angry and hate when someone says they speak russian). Even with White tsarism, ukrainian didn't so hate the russian, Red tsarism did learn them to hate Russia.

Return to “RUS History club / Discussions historiques sur la Guerre Civile Russe”