Kev_uk
Colonel

Kronstadt rebellion

Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:20 pm

Funny you should mention this today, but I was just thinking 'is the Kronstadt rebellion an event'? Obviously it is. Not got that far in the campaign, only up to Spring 1920. So, are they anarchist or white?

Alexor
Lieutenant

Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:25 pm

Certainly not White, probably Anarchist for game purpose...
And historically Tcheka troops didn't need boat, the sea was frozen...they walked.

wosung

Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:25 pm

Iirc, anarchist.

The Sea is not frozen. I put Red baltic fleet into Kronstadt sea area. This fleet I have evacuated earlier due to the mentioned supply issues. IIRC Kronstadt borders to two sea areas. Maybe I just chose the wrong one to disembark my troops.

regards

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

The Krontstadt sailors' revolt

Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:38 pm

wosung wrote:Iirc, anarchist.

Few were actually anarchists. Even in the makhnovtchina there were only 5% actual anarchists.
I think the most people were as ultra-left, i.e. for the rule of the soviets (and not the rule of a party over them: Lenin wrote the soviets were an hundred times more to the left than the bolsheviks).
Why anarchists were for the soviets is for it was what could be the nearest of an anarchist organised society.

For the ingame about Kronsdadt, ok, we could say that was an anarchist event.

Kev_uk
Colonel

Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:36 pm

ERISS wrote:Few were actually anarchists. Even in the makhnovtchina there were only 5% actual anarchists.
I think the most people were as ultra-left, i.e. for the rule of the soviets (and not the rule of a party over them: Lenin wrote the soviets were an hundred times more to the left than the bolsheviks).
Why anarchists were for the soviets is for it was what could be the nearest of an anarchist organised society.

For the ingame about Kronsdadt, ok, we could say that was an anarchist event.

Suppressing the revolt was seen as wrong by many, a consequence of abuse of power from the Bolsheviks. From what I have read it was a revolt caused by the Bolshevik abuse of power and authority, i.e the Cheka. Is that democratic?

Василеостровск
Sergeant

Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:50 pm

Kev_uk wrote:Suppressing the revolt was seen as wrong by many, a consequence of abuse of power from the Bolsheviks. From what I have read it was a revolt caused by the Bolshevik abuse of power and authority, i.e the Cheka. Is that democratic?

I think this discussion belongs more in the historical debate section, but it goes to show how the reality of the world works. You can be as idealistic and democratic as you want, but if you are weak it doesn't matter, especially in my country, especially during this time. The weak were crushed.
Россия, Украина, Белоруссия - Племён славянских три богатыря
Russia, Ukraine, Belarus - The Slavic tribes' three knights

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:14 pm

it goes to show how the reality of the world works. You can be as idealistic and democratic as you want, but if you are weak it doesn't matter, especially in my country, especially during this time. The weak were crushed.

The Whites with this Bolshevik philosophy joined them.
В wrote:I think this discussion belongs more in the historical debate section, but

Belongs more in a philosophical debate section :cool:

Kev_uk
Colonel

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:15 pm

В wrote:I think this discussion belongs more in the historical debate section, but it goes to show how the reality of the world works. You can be as idealistic and democratic as you want, but if you are weak it doesn't matter, especially in my country, especially during this time. The weak were crushed.

But they were protesting! Something the Bolsheviks were good at pre1917. No?

Rafiki

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:26 pm

В wrote:I think this discussion belongs more in the historical debate section

[color="Blue"]This. Moved. :) [/color]
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Cat Lord

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:33 pm

В wrote:I think this discussion belongs more in the historical debate section
I think too. :D

Cat
[CENTER]
Image[/CENTER]

Василеостровск
Sergeant

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:51 pm

Kev_uk wrote:But they were protesting! Something the Bolsheviks were good at pre1917. No?

Well in simple language the Bolsheviks wanted what any political faction wants, control. When they were the revolutionaries revolting against the government, they encouraged protest and revolt, but by then they had become the controllers, and they had to ensure they were in control.
Россия, Украина, Белоруссия - Племён славянских три богатыря

Russia, Ukraine, Belarus - The Slavic tribes' three knights

Return to “RUS History club / Discussions historiques sur la Guerre Civile Russe”