akritas
Civilian

Breaking railroads/pillaging

Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:41 pm

I've been trying to use cav to break railroads and pillage behind enemy lines. The break railroad command seems to work maybe 1 time in 10 and provinces also just seem to get pillaged at random. How do these mechanics work and can I make better use of them?

Durk

Re: Breaking railroads/pillaging

Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:12 pm

These are both probability events. That is when you order a rail break a random number is generated to see if the break occurs.
Pillaging is more based upon the ratio of your forces and types of forces and the supply value of the region.
Unit types matter, too.

Lynxyonok
AGEod Veteran

Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:20 pm

Rails: Having larger force, larger control percentage, and more time helps.

Pillage: Only when you run out of supplies yourself, not a recommended intentional action.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:21 am

Lynxyonok wrote:Pillage: not a recommended intentional action.

By rule (legal stuff?), there are no pogroms in this game, it's forbidden (even for public mod), so Pillage has to be not alike.

Lynxyonok
AGEod Veteran

Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:47 am

ERISS wrote:
Lynxyonok wrote:Pillage: not a recommended intentional action.

By rule (legal stuff?), there are no pogroms in this game, it's forbidden (even for public mod), so Pillage has to be not alike.

Sorry, I wasn't making any statements, social, political, etc... I'm merely saying: in my games (WIA WON RUS AJE BOR EAW and others I currently forget about) I have observed the pillage fire marker only when a unit was out of supply. Nothing more, nothing less :)

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:12 am

Lynxyonok wrote:Sorry, I wasn't making any statements, social, political, etc...

I know, nor did I, or at least it was not my intention: I was just explaining reasons behind this in RUS
(which actually come from those kind of statements of AGeod legal team, you're right).

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”