SuttonWillow
Civilian

Long PBEM campaing questions and thoughts

Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:49 am

Hi!

We’re playing a PBEM game of the long campaign of the RUS Gold game. I’m the red player and it seems that there’s something wrong with the “Northwest peace” decision, as I have the required cities (Olonets, Petrograd and Pskov) but there’s no peace at all. Maybe there’s some missing text or the decision doesn’t work?

And some thoughts about the campaign. We’ve played PBEM two times that long campaign and the two the reds will lose the game because the loss of national morale every single turn due to not having Minsk, Kiev, Ekaterinoslav, etc. (and Tallinn, because that “Nortwest peace” issue). Isn’t that loss too harsh? Are those cities that important?

Durk

Re: Long PBEM campaing questions and thoughts

Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:28 pm

Hi SuttonWillow and welcome to the forum. That event has always fired in the games I have played. Let me look into if some condition is missing as I do not remember.

The Reds should be able to hold Minsk and Kiev in normal play (as say that as if it were easy), but if the Red is on track to win, those cities should be held. Ekaterinoslav is more of a challenge, but with Gold it should be at least a 50-50 chance of being taken in the first years.

You might consider a House Rule to balance what has been a harder Red side to play.

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”