Kaddo
Civilian

Questions from a new player

Wed May 03, 2017 10:37 am

Hello, I picked up RUS Gold on Steam and I've been playing for about a month. Here's a few questions:

1) How does the Patriot ability work? It seems like I should leave that general in command of a stack somewhere and he will generate volunteers and partisans, but that isn't happening.

2) Was there any influence on the engine from the VGCW board wargame? I see many similar mechanics, especially the way general seniority and promotion is handled.

3) Is there a 'look at the next stack' command (as in Steel Panthers)?

I'll post more questions here as they come up. Thanks in advance.

Durk

Re: Questions from a new player

Thu May 04, 2017 2:59 am

Welcome to the forum Kaddo,

You ask questions beyond my competence to answer. As to #1, put the leader in a 5 level city (I think that is right) and they will generate volunteers.

As to the other two, I have no clue.

Kaddo
Civilian

Thu May 04, 2017 1:08 pm

Thanks for the tip on #1. I'll try it but it'll take a few turns, my only general with that ability is currently leading an army. As for #3 I found it by accident, it's the button with the 'skip to the next track' symbol.

Durk

Fri May 05, 2017 1:21 am

I did not know what you meant by look at the next track.

Keyboards vary, but if using the USA layout, E and R cycle land units. T and Y cycle naval units. W cycles locked units.

Kaddo
Civilian

Mon May 22, 2017 12:20 pm

I still don't know how Patriot works. I left a general with the ability in Saratov for a long time and nothing happened. :confused:

I do have a new question though: when you disband a unit, do you get some resources (money, men, WS) back?

Durk

Fri May 26, 2017 4:48 am

You do make a recovery of some resources if you are supplied.

I think the Patriot ability requires a city of a certain size, perhaps a 5 level?

Kaddo
Civilian

Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:23 pm

I'll keep testing Patriot for now. And one more question has come up: it looks like German (in fact, Central Powers, because I have this issue with Austrian and Hungarian units too) reserve infantry (in the alternate history scenario) can't be trained up. Has anyone modded them to be trainable ?

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”