elxaime
General

Question on Czechs

Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:18 am

I have a question on the Czechs. According to the events, they begin departing Russia in 1919. However in several PBEM's as Reds, I have noticed many Czechs, especially Czech leaders, seem to stick around anyway. In a game I am in right now, I just destroyed a bunch of Czech units near Samara and it was late winter 1920. Do some of the Czechs and Czech leaders stay in Russia throughout the war?

Durk

Re: Question on Czechs

Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:16 am

This is a pretty quick and dirty history of the Czechoslovak Legions in Russia.

http://encyclopedia.1914-1918-online.ne ... ian_empire

You will note it was late September 1920 before the last evacuation. The game has some flexibility, but pretty much adheres to this timeline.

elxaime
General

Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:32 am

Thanks - interesting read.

andatiep

Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:16 pm

elxaime wrote:I have a question on the Czechs. According to the events, they begin departing Russia in 1919. However in several PBEM's as Reds, I have noticed many Czechs, especially Czech leaders, seem to stick around anyway. In a game I am in right now, I just destroyed a bunch of Czech units near Samara and it was late winter 1920.

Depending of each game situation, some Czech may become isolated in some part of the map from where the PBEM players can't bring them to Vladivostock, where a regular event remove them to simulate their sea evacuation to Western Europe.

It works as disigned. It is up to the Eastern White players to follow the warning and bring them back to Vladivostock when it is said. If they didn't, the Czech troops will have enormous cohesion malus and will become nice targets for the Reds which will gain a lot's of VP when destroying them. This is this possible VP losses which should push the Eastern White PBEM player to move it to Vladivostock before they get isolated and destroyed. But sometimes they don't have the time to do it and this explain why you could have some Czech units around, without cohesions, during all the game till the Reds care of it, when and if they wish.
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:41 pm

andatiep wrote:It is up to the Eastern White players to follow the warning. If they didn't, the Czech troops will have enormous cohesion malus and will become nice targets for the Reds which will gain a lot's of VP when destroying them.

Letting the player to chose, with drawbacks, that is excellent design!
Maybe, as I always tell, the event or the warning is not well enough written?
Or maybe all was well said?, but there are so many important things to memorize in the campaign...

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:45 pm

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”