Dortmund
Colonel

Long PBEM campaing questions and thoughts

Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:02 pm

Hi!

We’re playing a PBEM game of the long campaign of the RUS Gold game. I’m the red player and it seems that there’s something wrong with the “Northwest peace” decision, as I have the required cities (Olonets, Petrograd and Pskov) but there’s no peace at all. Maybe there’s some missing text or the decision doesn’t work?

And some thoughts about the campaign. We’ve played PBEM two times that long campaign and the two the reds will lose the game because the loss of national morale every single turn due to not having Minsk, Kiev, Ekaterinoslav, etc. (and Tallinn, because that “Nortwest peace” issue). Isn’t that loss too harsh? Are those cities that important?

Durk

Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:19 am

I wonder if this is a update patch issue. We have had the Northwest Peace decision fire in prior play. But I do think this was prior to the newest patch. In our current game, my Reds are still struggling to take Pskov.

Dortmund
Colonel

Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:33 pm

I don't know... we're playing with the 1.01c version :wacko: .

andatiep

Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:13 pm

Dortmund wrote:Hi!
We’re playing a PBEM game of the long campaign of the RUS Gold game. I’m the red player and it seems that there’s something wrong with the “Northwest peace” decision, as I have the required cities (Olonets, Petrograd and Pskov) but there’s no peace at all. Maybe there’s some missing text or the decision doesn’t work?

I will need the saved game files of the turn before you tried to have a look about that...

Dortmund wrote:And some thoughts about the campaign. We’ve played PBEM two times that long campaign and the two the reds will lose the game because the loss of national morale every single turn due to not having Minsk, Kiev, Ekaterinoslav, etc. (and Tallinn, because that “Nortwest peace” issue). Isn’t that loss too harsh? Are those cities that important?

Yes, this cities are important. If the Reds don't hold it it means the Poles are winning. But you should have then a Polish Victory event which freeze all Belorussia and Ukraine and then let the Red NM in peace. The Red could then only win with VPs.

Don't you got the Polish victory event which stop the NM malus for the Reds ?

I will also need a set of saved game files to have a look about that...
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

Dortmund
Colonel

Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:14 pm

No, there's no polish event... at least not yet!

I attach here the game files of our current turn. You'll see that I have selected the northwest peace event and I have the three required cities, but when you run the turn there's no peace at all. And that during at least 15-20 turns (15-20 less national morale). ;)
Attachments
DOWARPI.rar
(333.03 KiB) Downloaded 202 times

andatiep

Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:40 pm

Dortmund wrote:No, there's no polish event... at least not yet!

I attach here the game files of our current turn. You'll see that I have selected the northwest peace event and I have the three required cities, but when you run the turn there's no peace at all. And that during at least 15-20 turns (15-20 less national morale). ;)

I need ALL the files of a saved game, not only the Reds' turn & orders.

picaron

Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:20 pm

Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

andatiep

Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:27 am

@Dortmund :
If i look at the saved game, the Polish victory conditions are not ready since the Reds still control Kiev and Kharkov... Take it and you will have your Polish Victory...
And if i look at the VPs scores, the Whites will then probably win the game at the end of the year 1921...

Polish victory conditions are listed in the National Policies Option's tooltip of Miracle on the Vistula, or in the ENGLISH-Game Events Chronology.pdf file in the .../Docs/ repository.

PS : Hello Picaron :) Nice you are playing it :) !

andatiep

Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:41 am

About the Peace in the Nort-West Option, Reds can't activate it because, as said in the Option tooltip, they need to control ALL towns of the Olonets, Petrograd and Pskov sectors. They currently don't own the towns of Seghezha, Medvezhya Gora, Petrozavodsk, Vytegra, and Polotsk...

Clean the borders from Russian Whites and you may have peace with Finland and Baltic states... ;)

Dortmund
Colonel

Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:29 am

Oooh, sorry, I thought I only needed to own the three capitals: Olonets, Pskov and Petrograd. Thanks! :wacko:

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:31 pm

Is there some missing text anywhere (again)? or you didn't care reading well?

Dortmund
Colonel

Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:26 am

No, the text is there. I didn't read it well. It says "all the cities" and I thought (I don't know why) that I needed only the capital cities of that regions. It's too difficult to conquer all of that cities with picaron defending them so well, so the northwest peace it's impossible. :bonk:

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:22 pm

Dortmund wrote:, the text is there. I didn't read it well. It says "all the cities" and I thought (I don't know why) that I needed only the capital cities of that regions.

andatiep wrote: as said in the Option tooltip, they need to control ALL towns of the Olonets, Petrograd and Pskov sectors.

A 'town' is generally larger than a 'village' and smaller than a 'city'.
So the word is important, 'town' word must be used, 'city' can be misleading (what might have happen here, Dortmud you may have understand well what was written, but it was maybe not so well written). I think 'town' can include 'city' in the meaning, not the reverse.
'Village' too could be misleading, even some rares are written on the map (GullyayePollie was rather a village than a town, I think). I think 'village' does not include 'town' or 'city' in the meaning.

So, who's right? :) Have the tooltip to be made better?

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”