andatiep

Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:13 pm

AleksandrStefan wrote:In RUS Gold, railroad 3% loss each turn is the only real corruption you should fight against, but after some point, its impossible. I have tried many, many ways and in many opportunities to find the exact RUS Gold file where the 3% railroad capacity lost is written. Is that, or either a solution to why when the game goes post-mortem(and even before post-mortem) there is no longer a railroad increase capacity. I know, I cant be "bitching" about this right in the post of another member, but seriously, am I the only one who is really bothered becouse of this?

I have even tried Revolution Under Siege(non-gold) version 1.00 and since then, this sort of "intended bug"(as I like to see) is working...

Sorry again for changing the main discussion into something else, even after I got some temporal solutions as adding a colosal number of money, trains, recruits and WS after a certain event.

But my last theory suggests that, if I am able to find the file where War Production decisions are, then I can modify the railroad one to make it appear regularly even after post-mortem, becouse of adding the same probability system that the decision of getting more money has.

It is hard to get datas and simulate in the game the railroad transport capacity of the various factions. I think that if you maintain the erosion of -3% with all the Options that increase it (and count the foreign help bonus for the Whites) you still have the capacity to make historical moves of troops.

Be aware that the quality of the Russian railroad network and machines at the end of the scenario in late 1921 should be in a very very bad situation after 3 years of World War and then 4 years of civil war... I think it is historically accurate to not allow a too much capacity and to let the players feel they lack of it. Actually, i think it should be lower at the end than at the beginning of the game but for the gameplay it may be better like this.
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

andatiep

Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:22 pm

Also : the economy of the Russian Empire and of the various factions of the civil war was not able to really produce new machines and railroads during all this war times. They were mostly using and repairing the huge stock the Russian Empire succeed to produce in peace time before the WWI. It was not like the WWII situation where USSR or even retreating Germany had a better war production in 1945 than in 1939.

AleksandrStefan
Private

Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:23 am

andatiep wrote:It is hard to get datas and simulate in the game the railroad transport capacity of the various factions. I think that if you maintain the erosion of -3% with all the Options that increase it (and count the foreign help bonus for the Whites) you still have the capacity to make historical moves of troops.

Be aware that the quality of the Russian railroad network and machines at the end of the scenario in late 1921 should be in a very very bad situation after 3 years of World War and then 4 years of civil war... I think it is historically accurate to not allow a too much capacity and to let the players feel they lack of it. Actually, i think it should be lower at the end than at the beginning of the game but for the gameplay it may be better like this.

Sure of course, but I ment that if I try to play till 1930, there will be a 0 or close to 0 railroad capacity, so if I try to move my troops they will all take one month or more to move from one place to another, especially when talking about the Eastern Whites. If thats not enough, I have the Tsarist Gold Train and still, I cant do any railroad capacity buy after post-mortem...

I understand that there must be a realism feeling, but is it so hard to implement a Option to disable the -3% loss?? Just like you can do with the Historical desertion and sickness losses.

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”