dago1989
Civilian

how Sudden death work?

Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:32 pm

can anyone explain how the sudden death work? I played two campaigns with whites and even though I had conquered and held until the end en more than 15 cities have always won with victory points. thanks in advance and sorry for the bad grammar but are not native English speakers

Durk

Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:21 am

You need to look on the Objectives and Scores page. Does it say Sudden Death can happen. If so, does it state the needed goals. If not, Sudden Death is not in this scenario.

arsan

Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:57 am

Sudden death happens when one of the sides gets bellow his minimal nacional morale treshold or above his max NM level. Then that side will lose or win and the game will end no matter how many turns left the scenario still have.

As Durk says the NM tresholds are shown on the objectives screen. And all this can only happens if sudden death is on for that particular scenario. If not it will play until the las turn, no matter which NM level are attained.

Regards

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:31 pm

So, IIRC, the manual is not correct, as it says it's only a matter of number of towns.
RusG Manual wrote:Sudden Death:
Sudden Death refers to winning the scenario by owning or capturing the number of Objective Cities required BEFORE the date of the end of the scenario. Some scenarios may then be ended early if a player reaches the required number of cities. If a scenario has Sudden Death condition, these will be indicated in the tooltips on the skull, along with the number of Objectives cities required. However, the Sudden Death condition is only a recommendation to finish a possibly desperate game for one side. If this side want to continue the fight, the players can always chose to ignore this rule and to continue the game till the date of the end of the scenario.

dago1989
Civilian

Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:28 pm

Then it works as to end all war . thanks because mauale spoke only of the city to control

arsan

Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:01 pm

What i said about going above or below the NM tresholds is what i know about how sudden death use to works on other AGEOD games.
But seeing what RUS gold manual says, maybe they had used a different sudden death rule on the game... maybe andiatep can tell...
Honestly, i hadn't noticed that paragraph on the RUS gold manual...

andatiep

Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:26 pm

This feature are not designed to be used with RUS Gold (there were AGE engine version problems to implement it anyway, like with the display of some victory screens). To know the Victory Conditions of a scenario, like the campaign scenarios, please check the Scenario Background page in the Global Options Great Book (F10) were all the victory conditions are defined. The game is balanced for this conditions to be challenged. You won't find NM conditions but the control of a minimum of Objective cities, or if not, Victory Points checking.
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

dago1989
Civilian

Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:22 pm

I played two campaigns white winter with whites and in both cases, even though I had conquered much of the 15 target cities required by the scenario I won with the victory point . I have done something wrong or I misunderstood ?

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”