TempestVVV
Private

Is it possible to lose with NEGATIVE Victory points?

Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:19 pm

Title says it all. I'm playing the small campaign 1918 as a White Finn-singleplayer. I'm taking all the Red cities-but half way through the campaign after taking most of the cities (except Helsinki) my in my Victory Points Totals I start losing points. At the end of the scenario I'm in the negative category like -19 Victory Points (from a high of say 67 victory points or 120 VP's).
I have other AGEOD games and this is the first this has ever happened. Corrupt installation maybe?
I would think if I was losing I would be '0'and stay '0'.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:59 pm

It depends on what VPs are meaning. Maybe if both sides have negative points, then none deserve wining: the side who has in the end more points have lost too and it's a losing draw. Too, the negative may tell that the side is so bad that winning in the future won't be considered for a moment (debit effect).

TempestVVV
Private

Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:23 am

I mean the final victory point tally being a negative number in the F9 screen in the TOTAL VP box. I own Espana 1936, American Civil War and all the AJE series and I've never seen that. Also never in any demos.

TempestVVV
Private

Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:27 am

Okay I see what I was doing wrong. I let the Germans help me fight the Reds and that sucks Victory Points from whatever the Finns had gained. I was doing quite well-but it took some time. Then the German convoy showed up and the clock started ticking on my Victory Points. The VP's started to be deducted. I didn't commit any Germans to the field- I finally took Helsinki-but as Wellington said "It was a near run thing." :eek:

Great Game! :)

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”