Gribeauval
Sergeant

Divisions of the red army

Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:43 pm

i'm currently playing the great campaign. I have two questions about the infantry divisions of the red army (divisions of the game that represent corps in reality and that are built with a leader and up to 9 units).

- What artillery do you include in a red infantry division : light artillery or field artillery ? I would like introducing field artillery (120mm) in my new divisions, but I don't know if I will have enough medium guns for all the divisions.

- I can build up to 200 divisions according to the tooltips. I have readen in AARs or in some posts that money and war supplies were a limiting factor for the red side. But I'm in front of another problem : the construction pool.
I can get new units in the construction pool by building a new factory (+5/6/7 new infantry brigades for now) or by calling party members (+3 new infantry brigades). I don't count the light brigades (they are numerous, but they are small) and the single régiments in the total.
It doesn't represent a lot of new units : when I will have built all the factories available, my force won't be a lot bigger.
Is there another way to expend the construction pool later (I'm in 1919) ?

andatiep

Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:10 pm

Once you have activated all the options available during the game which increase the unit building pool, you will not have more unit to build, unless some get destroyed.

This kind of cap was fix according to the max of troops the factions was able to manage in their best situation during the civil war.
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

Durk

Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:39 am

Very interesting cap. New I think?

andatiep

Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:43 pm

Durk wrote:Very interesting cap. New I think?

Yes. It's new Gold design.
Also, the Reds get a boost on the replacements bonus or on more Regional Decisions rather than in new brigades exponential growing.
If they chose a "Bolshevik dictatorship" Option, they can do more RD like requisitions and forced conscriptions to get more resources but with more loyalty losses linked to this RD.
If they chose the "Reds stay united" Option, this is the "Industrialization" Options in the town they did activated it which give them regular free replacements (workers keep their social rights so more urban workers support/war productivity).
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”