JayR
Conscript

Thoughts on DLCs and/or new scenarios?

Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:09 am

Anybody have any interesting ideas for DLC and new scenarios for RUS? I'm also wondering what ideas have been suggested in the past but haven't been done.

I'd also like to hear ideas even if they'd be difficult or near impossible to implement.

I personally don't know the game engine or the period represented by the game well enough to offer anything really interesting (but I am learning a lot -- had no idea that Finland suffered a civil war and that it was so bloody).

I do have one thought: a scenario centered around the Regional Decision mechanic. The start date would be the mid 1920's, there'd be no or few military units, and only one player who'd represent the USSR leadership trying to get things done with a frequently unwilling population. The player would be in the position of having to use the Repression/Requistion Decisions to push through his agendas (reforming agriculture, industrialization, etc) but push too far and he see some backlash in the form of productivity loss (VP loss) in areas. If things get worse perhaps there'd be outright revolts represented by the appearance of military units on the map. Let things get bad enough and perhaps external powers (Poland, the West, Romania[?]) will outright invade having the side effect of creating 'war scares' in the player that were seen in the Soviet Union during this time.

Anyway, I think it's interesting to think about but I doubt it can be implemented well in the game engine without a serious rework!

Your thoughts?

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:48 am

JayR wrote:Anybody have any interesting ideas for DLC and new scenarios for RUS? I'm also wondering what ideas have been suggested in the past but haven't been done.

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?22161-German-invasion
There is more in beta forum you can't reach, but it's still just ideas for now.

a scenario centered around the Regional Decision mechanic. The start date would be the mid 1920's, there'd be no or few military units, and only one player who'd represent the USSR leadership trying to get things done with a frequently unwilling population. The player would be in the position of having to use the Repression/Requistion Decisions to push through his agendas (reforming agriculture, industrialization, etc) but push too far and he see some backlash in the form of productivity loss (VP loss) in areas. If things get worse perhaps there'd be outright revolts represented by the appearance of military units on the map. Let things get bad enough and perhaps external powers (Poland, the West, Romania[?]) will outright invade having the side effect of creating 'war scares' in the player that were seen in the Soviet Union during this time.

Anyway, I think it's interesting to think about but I doubt it can be implemented well in the game engine without a serious rework!

I don't think this management game would interest much, as it would be a solo game. So you're right it could be a DLC, if it spend not much work to do it...
Regional Decision.., there could even be National Decision such as starvation in Ukraine, like 1921 and 1930.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:45 pm

There are already many events related to VP calculation each turn it is easy to keep track of in GC. Ex: In my pbem game for a second, I thought about declaring war on Romania that should result boost in VP for Reds. That can be sufficient to enter late game by VP advantage if fronts stable. But it is a risk.

About regional decisions I think as years of development including vanilla they are sufficient with risk of loyalty loss, boosting supply, concription and etc.. as it is military game. But the idea about random roll for RGD to be succesfull in the turn it was chosen (not every turn roll; as a risk already regions can change hands before 3 turns.) and regions can have different output can be also good.

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”