killias2
Conscript

Revolution Under Siege - I own the Vanilla, is there a way to upgrade?

Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:25 am

I just saw there was a Gold edition of Revolution Under Siege. Is there a way for owners of the original game to upgrade?

I did notice that there was a way to get it for 5 dollars through the store, but that seems to be only if you own the game through Matrix..? Is there anything for the rest of us?

Owl
Major

Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:33 am

Depends - did you buy it directly over AGEOD or Slitherine? In that case, simply use your key as a coupon code and you should be able to upgrade for the reduced price. If you've bought it on another platform however, like, say, Desura, you are unfortunately out of luck.

killias2
Conscript

Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:03 am

Owl wrote:Depends - did you buy it directly over AGEOD or Slitherine? In that case, simply use your key as a coupon code and you should be able to upgrade for the reduced price. If you've bought it on another platform however, like, say, Desura, you are unfortunately out of luck.

I bought it through GamersGate. Well, that's unfortunate, but I guess I can understand why you'd gate it. Thanks for the response!

Owl
Major

Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:43 am

From what I gathered the issue is that Matrix/Slitherine don't have access to the database of keys that were distributed to third party publishers, so no way to add customers from those services, while apparently adding keys by hand after verification of purchase is apparently very time consuming. Still, it's unfortunate. :( If you decide against a purchase at this time, maybe consider waiting for the traditional annual winter sale by Matrix?

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:18 am

Owl wrote: If you've bought it on another platform however, like, say, Desura, you are unfortunately out of luck.

And even before the bankrupt of Desura, it is said that RUS devs earned no money at all here, firstly due to the editor Immanitas E. (and maybe Desura too). Money went to the middle men.

killias2
Conscript

Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:41 am

Owl wrote:From what I gathered the issue is that Matrix/Slitherine don't have access to the database of keys that were distributed to third party publishers, so no way to add customers from those services, while apparently adding keys by hand after verification of purchase is apparently very time consuming. Still, it's unfortunate. :( If you decide against a purchase at this time, maybe consider waiting for the traditional annual winter sale by Matrix?

Yeah, I'll see how things play out.

helm123
Private

Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:58 pm

killias2 wrote:Yeah, I'll see how things play out.

I'm in the same boat and I figure by the time it hits the winter sale and Matrix does 10% off there will other games that will take precedence plus the original is still very functional.

teufel0331
Sergeant

bummer

Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:35 pm

helm123 wrote:I'm in the same boat and I figure by the time it hits the winter sale and Matrix does 10% off there will other games that will take precedence plus the original is still very functional.

ugh - yeah, i also got it on gamersgate. why would i ever want to do that (if there's no support)?! too bad, i really love ageod games but it's not worth $30 to buy a patch.... >sigh<

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”