Stelteck
Colonel

What are the options to destroy supply stock of a city ?

Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:15 pm

Hi.
I have a question for the professionnal of Ageod engine.

What are the option to destroy the supply stocks of a city, in order that they did not fall into ennemy hand.

In RUS i notice sometimes cities with massive supply stockpile and i do not want to let it to the ennemy if i cannot defend the city.

I can burn the depot, but :

- I'am not sure if burning the depot also destroy the supply stocks.
- I cannot, as the manual say, destroy a depot of level more than 1. And many city have depot level 2 or even 4.

Is there a solution ?

Stelteck.

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:57 pm

IIRC, only combat in the city will cause a depot lvl 2 or higher to be destroyed.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:06 pm

It's missing, moreover for a no-Treaty-of-Brest-Litovsk scenario/option, before the march of german army.. :)

Stelteck
Colonel

Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:19 pm

If there a design reason/reflexion to not allow the destruction of depot level more than 2 ?

It seems to me it would be a good idea to allow to decrease by one the value of a depot. (So 4 turn to burn a level 4).

The supply engine of the game do a very good job and is very interesting. But when you see a level 4 depot of a soon-to-fall-in-ennemy-hand city go on building stocks ... Stocks that soon will be in the hand of the ennemy, you :p leure:.

Of course others options could have done the job, such as the ability to exclude a city/depot to the supply network. (but it is more complicated).

andatiep

Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:00 pm

Stelteck wrote:If there a design reason/reflexion to not allow the destruction of depot level more than 2 ?

It seems to me it would be a good idea to allow to decrease by one the value of a depot. (So 4 turn to burn a level 4).

The supply engine of the game do a very good job and is very interesting. But when you see a level 4 depot of a soon-to-fall-in-ennemy-hand city go on building stocks ... Stocks that soon will be in the hand of the ennemy, you :p leure:.

Of course others options could have done the job, such as the ability to exclude a city/depot to the supply network. (but it is more complicated).

AFAIK, there is a feature to fix the depots which can be destroyed according to their level. So you could decide that level 4 depots could be destroyed in some config file of the game (i don't remember which one, now).

But i don't think there is the feature to destroy the levels, step by step.

In RUS, you will have to deal with the fact that you can't destroy all depots. The original designers (and i guess they were right) did it this way because they were afraid that the AI will not be enough efficient if you remove all the depots and then destroy the whole supply system it is use to manage but maybe not used to rebuild again after you.

But i understand this horrible feelings when you let to the enemy a big pile of good food and ammo... :cuit:
You were not the first to cry :crying: .
That's why we changed the value of the purcentage of the stock that a faction get when it occupy an enemy depot. I don't remember the exact value chosen but we set it to a ridiculous amount in the next version of the game.

That's the only way we can do for now. But don't cry again if you find only ashes when you're back, after an enemy did take a big depot of you just with a small cavalry raid of few days in the same turn... Keep it or leave it :) ...

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”