The Red Baron

Just bought game but numbers don't add up

Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:47 pm

This is my second AGEOD game after playing CWII for the past year. I started the Finnish Civil War scenario playing as the Whites. When I opened the scenario for the first time, I had $20. Later, I saved then exited the game (w/o executing my first turn). When I re-opened the scenario to resume planning for my first turn, I only had $10. I hadn't purchased anything, and I had no options to play, so what happened to the missing $10? After the resolution phase of the first turn, I checked the tooltip for WSU, but the numbers don't add up in the same manner as they do for CWII. They only make sense if my starting value was $10, not $20, but tooltip says starting value was $20.

Similarly, I have some really great generals, some of whom have the "Militiaman" ability. I placed most of my militia elements under these men, but none of the militia elements have received the promised boost to discipline (+1) and cohesion (+10) stated in the ability tooltip text. The discipline and cohesion values are identical to those used for a militia unit I might wish to build via the construction interface; no difference.

Have I stumbled across some undocumented errors? I am using 1.06a with QF3 installed. The game is well-patched, so it seems unlikely I've spotted something many other players missed the last several years. I realize this game pre-dates CWII by 3 years, so maybe it uses a slightly different rule set than what I'm used to?

Durk

Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:36 pm

Quick question, then later today a longer follow up:

Did you build any divisions?

Owl
Major

Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:13 pm

The money for building divisions only gets subtracted at the end of the turn afaik, so this really shouldn't have reduced the available income.

As for the Militiaman ability, isn't there currently an issue with it in CW2 as well? Maybe this is an old issue in the engine that went unnoticed. I know that similar issues with Red Guards supposedly affecting local political loyalty but not actually doing it is fixed in RUS Gold, not sure about this trait. Maybe somebody else with more engine insight can offer some insight?

The Red Baron

Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:43 am

Durk wrote:Quick question, then later today a longer follow up:

Did you build any divisions?

You're right. I think I did create divisions, but I don't remember how many. I think I remember reading somewhere that new divisions require $4 when created (but this rule was eventually dropped in later iterations of the engine). Is this correct? I don't remember reading a reference to this in the manual.

As for the Militiaman ability, isn't there currently an issue with it in CW2 as well? Maybe this is an old issue in the engine that went unnoticed. I know that similar issues with Red Guards supposedly affecting local political loyalty but not actually doing it is fixed in RUS Gold, not sure about this trait. Maybe somebody else with more engine insight can offer some insight?[/QUOTE]

I'm definitely seeing a bonus to cohesion in my current CWII game as the CSA using Sterling Price with Arkansas militia units, so it appears AGEOD rooted out any error with the militiaman ability with the release and/or patching of CWII.

Has AGEOD released RUS Gold? If not, I can post this observation in the "Help to Improve RUS" forum. Maybe the Devs can correct this before release?

Thanks.

andatiep

Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:31 am

The Red Baron wrote:I'm definitely seeing a bonus to cohesion in my current CWII game as the CSA using Sterling Price with Arkansas militia units, so it appears AGEOD rooted out any error with the militiaman ability with the release and/or patching of CWII. If not, I can post this observation in the "Help to Improve RUS" forum. Maybe the Devs can correct this before release?

Problem already reported and fixed for the future. Thank you :) .

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”