Jagger2013
General of the Army

Red Guards

Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:32 am

Does anyone use Red Guards? They are quick and cheap to build which seems to be their primary advantage. But they are so weak, I wonder if they could even defend a town vs a partisan raid. And even worse, they have the brutal occupier ability. They may be creating the very partisans that they can't beat.

So does anyone build Red Guards rather conscripts? And if so, why?

picaron

Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:26 pm

They are cheap and can learn.

:wavey:
Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

andatiep

Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:07 pm

Like said picaron : they are very cheap for the main advantage it give you : to not let any urban region of the country to the enemy without fighting. Even if you lose all this fights, the enemy will lose some troops and after all they will lose time to recover cohesion and clean the areas... It is probably a nice tool for the Reds which mostly need just time to get stronger and stronger ...
Besides this, the few ones you could train automatically with leader who have the ability to do it are a way to build good units for a very low cost.

Finally, (as usual i could say :bonk :) , don't care of the current 'Brutal occupier' ability which is among the ones which are not working in the vanilla version. The next patch/upgrade will give the Milicias a more clear 'painfull aby' called 'Insurrectional troops' : All the enemy units with a (also new) 'military police' aby (like cavalry cossacks or Cheka/VOKHR units), will fight them with a good bonus in combat. ...Just because there is always some professional guys to waste the party :) .
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

picaron

Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:54 pm

+1 :thumbsup:

:wavey:
Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

Philo32b
Captain

Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:26 am

I love red guards. They are like expendable hands for the Reds to do things without risking your main forces, such as increasing MC along areas you want to have the option to quickly move by rail or simply keep a defensive posture for your military force if it moves in. They can seep around enemy strong points. And if they are killed it doesn't really matter since they are so cheap. Partisans can do these things, too, of course, but I usually have them deeper in enemy territory.

Jagger2013
General of the Army

Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:08 am

Good food for thought. I guess there are a lot of things troops need to do besides fighting. And they are cheap and quick to build.

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:07 am

I love hearing that there's further development to fix stuff like the abilities. Keep this as the best RCW game, and there's at least a small stream of people who will be looking at it.

andatiep

Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:17 pm

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne wrote:I love hearing that there's further development to fix stuff like the abilities. Keep this as the best RCW game, and there's at least a small stream of people who will be looking at it.

:)
Les petits ruisseaux font les grands fleuves
Small stream do the big rivers
;)
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”