Holy Diver
Private

Generals and size of divisions/corps

Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:06 pm

What determines the number of elements that general can directly command in a division (or corp)? I have for example Corp of Solodukhin and he can lead 9 units inside his corp, on the other hand Smirnov can't lead more than 7. And I have also many one star generals that can lead only one or even none (like Kutiakov). How does it work?

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:25 pm

IIRC, Command Points start to 4 / 12 / 24 for 1 / 2 / 3 star generals.
It is to be divided by 2 if out of Command Chain (they are too far from their Army leader).
Then many things can modify: aid units, and skill/flaws of commandants (of the group, and of their Army, leaders)
So, yes, a 1-star general could command well nothing if Out Of Command, and him and his superior general are bad.

jack54
Brigadier General

Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:12 am

I find I have to use the tool tip to get a handle on it. Hover over the white envelope on the right of the unit display, this tells you the command points (CP) available and the points needed. Then I check the units themselves with the tool tip to see their Command cost.

The manual says a division may contain 8 units of up to 26 elements; I'm not sure, this may have changed with patches. Regardless, once formed, a division always cost 4 CP. As ERISS mentioned the CP leaders provide can vary for several reasons such as positive or negative 'traits', their own, a stack leader or Army leader. The tool tip also explains these traits.

Sorry I couldn't answer your exact question... but this is the way I organize things.
AGE games I own; RUS ,AJE, BOR, H:ToR, AACW, WIA, ROP,NC, CWII, Espana 1936, TYW
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Holy Diver
Private

Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:19 pm

Thnx, but I still don't understand how does it work. For examample i have spearated my Smirnov's corp to check it.[ATTACH]25825[/ATTACH] Alone he has 2 command points and the command cos of all his units is 20. Yet I can combine them into a corp[ATTACH]25826[/ATTACH]. I have many of one star generals that have 2 cp and some can combine and others can't.I don't know what to do with them. I can still use them to reduce command penalties for a stack but i would like to form new divisions or corps with them but i can't.
For example:
[ATTACH]25829[/ATTACH]
This is for me the same situation however I can't form a Corp.
Attachments
rus4.jpg
rus2.jpg
rus1.jpg

VigaBrand

Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:55 pm

In your last picture Ivanov is not activ (you see it on the yellow letter), so if he is not active he can't form a division. Thats all. You need an active one star leader to form a division with him.
EDIT: Corps can only be formed be 2star generals or more star generals.

jack54
Brigadier General

Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:06 pm

They are inactive for the turn based on their strategic rating, that's the first of the 3 leader ratings.... (Strategic, Offense, Defense) Each turn a random check is made against this number to see if a leader activates. If they fail that check they are considered inactive and will not be able form divisions. The Higher rated Leaders will activate more often. (Activation may also effect movement and combat).

Hope this helps!
AGE games I own; RUS ,AJE, BOR, H:ToR, AACW, WIA, ROP,NC, CWII, Espana 1936, TYW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Holy Diver
Private

Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:11 pm

Yes, Ivanov is not active but same is Smirnov and that's not a problem for him. Also I'm quite sure that when he was active he still wasn't able to combine but i will check that.

EDIT: Corps can only be formed be 2star generals or more star generals.

From what I see Reds and Whites use different scales. Whites makes divisions from brigades and Reds can make actually a Corp that would consist of few divisions (like in those examples)

jack54
Brigadier General

Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:33 pm

If Smirnov was split this turn he can re-combine without penalty...

Yes, definitely a different scale
From the manual

5.1.1 White Russians, Polish, Finnish, Western and all other minors The scale for these countries is the same as
it was in AgeOD's America Civil War: A unit is generally a regiment, or at most a Brigade. Units are combined by
the player into Division, given a general is present (Brigades are in fact, small divisions, most often acting
independently from a leader). Two stars general can be used to create a Corps stack, and three stars general can be
used to create an Army. Units are recruited regiment by regiment (see Construction mode below).

5.1.2 Red Army, Central Powers are on a new scale. Otherwise it would be impossible to represent the more than
million men of the Red Army. A unit is generally already a Division or Brigade. Units are combined by the player
into a Corp, given a general is present. Two stars general can be used to create an Army stack, and three stars
general can be used to create an Army Group.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Holy Diver
Private

Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:59 pm

Yes, you were right thnx :)

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”