lodilefty

RUS Official Patch 1.06a = November 12, 2012

Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:13 pm

Official! Enjoy! :)

This patch is comprehensive, including all changes since the original release

Download the link, extract to a known location and run the patch installer.

http://www.ageod-forum.com/downloads/latest/Patch_RUS_v1.06a.zip

Compatible with games started under the beta 1.06 RC3 or later.

Updated to version 1.06a November 12, 2012

• Python script checks run [thank you LaFrite!]

• Duplicate Aliases resolved in Colors, Fonts, Move Types, Terrains, Sounds
    • Aliases corrected in:

• Settings file AI.opt
      • Scenario setups

• Ice March
        • Grand Campaign
        • 1918 November
        • 1919 May
      • Events

• GRN AI
        • Drang Nach Osten [several events and options files]
        • Poland Scenario
        • Get New Leader Options for Grand Campaign, 1918 November, 1919 May
        • White Diplomatic Options
      • Southern White Faction file [GBR Army Name Region reference]
  • Graphics

• Leader graphics updates for 19 leaders [thank you jack54]

• Included are those posted on or before November 10, 2012
    • New leader graphics for RED E. Haapalainen and WH5 G.E. Shaplin [thank you jack54]
  • Text

• Updates to Spanish translations [thank you picaron]
    • Leader biographies translated to English [work in progress, thank you El Nino]
    • Latest LocalStrings_AGE included

See attached for complete change log.
Attachments

[The extension pdf has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Leibst

Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:15 pm

thanks lodilefty! :thumbsup:
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

wijse

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:50 am

Thank you and keep up the great work!
Also known as wis on the paradox forums.

NefariousKoel
Captain

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:35 pm

Awesome job, Lodilefty.

Thank you for all the hard work.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:28 pm

Once from me, thank you!, even I won't see the result for some weeks (broken pc).
And with the new RUS Database, I should continue when I can my old french corrections of translation.

Flop
Major

Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:30 am

Thank you Lodilefty, and everyone else involved in improving this game. It's very much appreciated. In my humble opinion, this is the best and most interesting AGE game, and I'm happy to see that it's still receiving support.

Just to be clear, it will now be some time before we can expect a new (beta)patch, right?

lodilefty

Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:20 pm

Flop wrote:Thank you Lodilefty, and everyone else involved in improving this game. It's very much appreciated. In my humble opinion, this is the best and most interesting AGE game, and I'm happy to see that it's still receiving support.

Just to be clear, it will now be some time before we can expect a new (beta)patch, right?

Actually, we should see another patch soon, fixes to some obscure buglets and more new leader graphics!
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

jack54
Brigadier General

Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:32 pm

Thanks Lodilefty for all your hard work... a new patch ...this is good news! :) . Ageod Support is second to none.
AGE games I own; RUS ,AJE, BOR, H:ToR, AACW, WIA, ROP,NC, CWII, Espana 1936, TYW
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

picaron

Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:56 pm

:thumbsup: :coeurs: :happyrun:

:wavey:
Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

lodilefty

Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:20 pm

[CENTER][/CENTER]

picaron

Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:09 pm

:thumbsup:

Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

lodilefty

Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:11 pm

[CENTER][/CENTER]

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:21 pm

The Regions Torun, Marienverder, Ventspils, and Talsi are shown as having rails but actually only have roads. Any chance to add that in with the Kiel bay bug when you update the patch?

Also, I think there's supposed to be a sea connection between Dogger Bank (english channel) and the Batlic Sea region. It's shown on the map but doesn't work.

picaron

Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:32 pm

Before the Spec Ops lasted three days, this has changed, all that they last now?

Dulce bellum inexpertis

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:45 pm

picaron wrote:Before the Spec Ops lasted three days, this has changed, all that they last now?

What?

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:54 pm

I think it still lasts three turns. It just doesn't say how many turns are remaining in the ledger now.

lodilefty

Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:54 pm

picaron wrote:Before the Spec Ops lasted three days, this has changed, all that they last now?

le Anders wrote:What?

All spec ops are set to have duration = 4 turns, so they become active during the 4th turn execution...
AFAIK, this is not a change....

You will only see the 'turns remaining' via tooltip on the main map....
[CENTER][/CENTER]

picaron

Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:43 pm

Thank you very much :thumbsup:

Dulce bellum inexpertis

lodilefty

Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:46 pm

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne wrote:The Regions Torun, Marienverder, Ventspils, and Talsi are shown as having rails but actually only have roads. Any chance to add that in with the Kiel bay bug when you update the patch?

Also, I think there's supposed to be a sea connection between Dogger Bank (english channel) and the Batlic Sea region. It's shown on the map but doesn't work.

Will fix those regions next update, but note that the fix will be for new games only, as it was an incorrecvt entry in the Setup, not a Map error per se...

The Dogger Bank connects via the Kiel Canal [Kiel] then to Baltic Sea.

per the Game Designers:
This prevents the Red Baltic Fleet from going thru the Skagerrak, considered near-impossible during the Russian Civil War [GBR Fleet Blockade], and realistically not possible during Drang Nach Osten [GER Fleet Blockade]
[CENTER][/CENTER]

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:04 pm

The attachment Clipboard01.jpg is no longer available

Happens practically every turn now, sometimes I can continue if I reload.

And yes, I am always administrator, I'm on WinXP and I tried to remove the write only, but it will not take effect.

I have uploaded the savegame
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg

lodilefty

Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:20 pm

GlobalExplorer wrote:[ATTACH=CONFIG]20767[/ATTACH]

Happens practically every turn now, sometimes I can continue if I reload.

And yes, I am always administrator, I'm on WinXP and I tried to remove the write only, but it will not take effect.

I have uploaded the savegame

Runs OK for me, but I'm on a new PC running Win7...

Ideas to try:
Reduce Max Texture size in the Main Menu
Look to be sure you have not filled your hard drive
Defrag your hard drive [shameless plug: look at Smart Defrag 2: it's free!!!, much better than the stuff Windows includes]
Turn off the replay file creation:
Add lines in your System.opt in \Settings:
// Replay
inoReplay = 0

Disconnect from Internet and disable AntiVirus and Anti-Malware

I had occasional issues with PON, RUS and AJE on my old PC too. The newer games 'stretch' older systems
[CENTER][/CENTER]

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:24 am

This is an error that is hard to reproduce, but I remember that it has happened to me before (I think it was RUS 1.00). I also googled a bit and found another thread where the exact same topic was raised and not solved.

The suggestions "defrag your hard drive" or "make sure your hard drive is not full" make me smile. I don't want to lecture you, but if I was you, I would look into the issue.

Look into the source code and find the place where the above error message is thrown. Change so it gives more explicit information which files the system couldn't access - and which file permissions were unavailable. That way the problem may be solved. Otherwise it will annoy unfortunate players forever.

lodilefty

Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:44 pm

GlobalExplorer wrote:http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?25175-Critical-Error-and-administrator-rights
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3189047

I have tried four times in succession. Sorry. Campaign has become unplayable: savegame

OK, turn runs great for me, no issues..

You should apply patch 1.06a as a matter of principle.

Otherwise, assuming you've applied the ideas that have worked for me, I'll forward this to the code-master....
[CENTER][/CENTER]

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:02 pm

I tried 1.06a, same problem.

I also tried inoReplay = 0 and maxtexturesize, no difference.

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:01 pm

Lodi I did some more tests, and it could have something to do with Comodo Antivirus. Comodo has some sort of sandbox mode that sometimes interferes with programs, and it looks like it was on by default :love:

I don't know when I can say with certainty, but I will give word today, tomorrow or in a few days. For now forget everything I said before and don't alert anyone.

If Comodo is indeed the problem I guess no one is to blame for this. The developers of both programs should just be made aware that there is an incompatibility.

lodilefty

Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:19 pm

QwikFix 1 released:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?27025-RUS-QwikFix-1-06a-QF1-November-20-2012&p=255161&viewfull=1#post255161

Addresses Kiel Bay blockage [fix applies to ongoing games, after exiting and restarting RUS] and Rail Transport fixes [some only in new games, some for ongoing games]
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Pocus

Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:32 pm

GlobalExplorer wrote:Lodi I did some more tests, and it could have something to do with Comodo Antivirus. Comodo has some sort of sandbox mode that sometimes interferes with programs, and it looks like it was on by default :love:

I don't know when I can say with certainty, but I will give word today, tomorrow or in a few days. For now forget everything I said before and don't alert anyone.

If Comodo is indeed the problem I guess no one is to blame for this. The developers of both programs should just be made aware that there is an incompatibility.

I was going to say it could have been your anti-virus. Because, what the program is trying to do, is to write on disk the saved turn. If it can't, then something is preventing it... What can do that? Potential culprits are indeed lack of disk space, lack of administrator rights, UAC, anti-virus ... In your case the sandbox mode would explain that.

It happened to me with others games by the way :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:37 am

I played some more turns and can confirm now that it was Comodo Antivirus (stupid) sandbox mode :(

lodilefty

Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:47 pm

GlobalExplorer wrote:I played some more turns and can confirm now that it was Comodo Antivirus (stupid) sandbox mode :(

Great news! Onward! :thumbsup:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”