ohms_law
AGEod Veteran

Thinking about buying

Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:17 am

Hi y'all
Some of you may know that I'm a fairly avid AACW player. How does RUS compare? I see that it's up to patch 1.04 now; is the game completely playable right now (I see some stuff about problems with factions... are there any game-stoppers)?

Matto
Colonel

Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:25 am

ohms_law wrote:Hi y'all
Some of you may know that I'm a fairly avid AACW player. How does RUS compare? I see that it's up to patch 1.04 now; is the game completely playable right now (I see some stuff about problems with factions... are there any game-stoppers)?

Hi,
it is completely playable and really good ... if you enjoy AGE engine, do not wait ! ;)
Napoleon days in Austerlitz 2011 - photo gallery
My Czech pages agout AGEOD: AGEOD games, RoP AAR - Prussian side
My AGEOD games: WoN, TYW, EAW, CW2, AJE, PoN, NCP, ROP Gold, RUS Gold and BOA2

Ben Waterhouse
Conscript

Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:09 pm

It is probably one of my favorite games of the past few years. Recommend if you are a hard core strategist.

John Sedgwick
Colonel

Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:31 pm

I bought all of the AGE games except NCP and BOA1 after I got AACW, and RUS is probably my favourite of the bunch right now. It is perfectly playable, in some ways not as polished as AACW, but in other ways I think it makes more effective use of some of the more advanced features of the engine. The game plays a lot differently from AACW - the situation is a lot more fluid, the factions have much different strengths and weaknesses. The only game-stopper I've encountered was a CTD that was fixed a day or two after I reported it.
"I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

jack54
Brigadier General

Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:03 am

John Sedgwick wrote:I bought all of the AGE games except NCP and BOA1 after I got AACW, and RUS is probably my favourite of the bunch right now. It is perfectly playable, in some ways not as polished as AACW, but in other ways I think it makes more effective use of some of the more advanced features of the engine. The game plays a lot differently from AACW - the situation is a lot more fluid, the factions have much different strengths and weaknesses. The only game-stopper I've encountered was a CTD that was fixed a day or two after I reported it.

Excellent post :) I totally agree... its the game I've been playing.

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:19 am

I tried to buy this game - to no avail . . . Phil!?

PhilThib

Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:40 am

Tag, we sent you dozens of messages about this :bonk:

wijse

Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:53 pm

You should really do it. I can recommend it. It quickly became my favorite AGE game after AACW.

wis/wijse.

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”