Seb

Official RUS patch 1.04

Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:44 pm

Revolution under Siege

October 24th, 2011 – Patch 1.04
The patch is a comprehensive patch, meaning it can be applied directly over your initial game installation setup version.

UPDATED LINK OCTOBER 24
download again if you DL before this date.

Gameplay :
- Siberian and Southern Whites now can directly build brigade size formations (4 or 5 regiments each)
- Siberian whites can now build field hospitals, signal units and tachankas.
- Reds will now evacuate Minsk region before the Polish attack.
- Can now upgrade depots
- AI improved (more offensive if affordable)
- Ammo bug cleared
-Change Prisonner bug fixed
- You can now create divisions only if the division commander is of the same nationality or have a correct double nationality ability, compared to his troops.

Bugs :
- The Brusilov Event text is now working in the Poland campaign
- Depot and forts construction bugs is now corrected
- Lenin, Anarchists and French-Greek abilities are now working

Game Balance :
- Trotsky should die less often

Manual :
- French manual is now available here : http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Manuel_RUS

Graphics :
Jack and One Armed Mexican new portraits are in... finally (sorry for the delay)
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

berto
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:22 pm

:thumbsup:
What this town needs is a good Renaissance band!
Early MusiChicago - Early Music in Chicago and Beyond - http://earlymusichicago.org
PIKT - Global-View, Site-at-a-Time System and Network Administration - http://pikt.org
AGElint - an AGE debugging toolkit - http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2978333
Your Mileage May Vary -- Always!

Cordell
Sergeant

Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:08 pm

La veille des vacances... :thumbsup:
C'est Cordelia qui va être contente :D

Ravi de voir que vous n'avez pas laissé tombé :)

jack54
Brigadier General

Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:27 pm

thanks for all the hard work :-)

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:35 pm

[ATTACH]16147[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the update.As Southern whites Both Fitskhelaurov and Marmontov can't form division despite being activated. The other leaders are fine.

Edit: Only Don Cossack leaders can not form division same as Czech leaders in Sib Whites faction.
Edit 2: Actually all the subfaction leaders can not form divisions.
Attachments
pic1.jpg
Backup2.rar
(347.48 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
Backup1.rar
(459.99 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
Grand Campaign0.rar
(404.22 KiB) Downloaded 291 times

SEPRUS

Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:55 pm

The link has been updated with a new patch archive, still named 1.04, as we want to have 1.04 as official patch.

The update includes:
* division problem fixed
* Change Prisoner event crash fixed (error in code, not in script)

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:40 pm

Thanks again but this time.

[ATTACH]16157[/ATTACH]

Edit: Oh I see that southern white commanders without cossack commander ability can not command cossacks troops in a division now. well done.
Attachments
kupetov.jpg

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:56 pm

It is minor issue but captured red artillery and British HQ command(+5 bonus to cohesion when in a combined unit) can not be added to a division for the whites. I think improving rail pool option in Drang scenario is not as frequent as in the GP.
But the new, forming division rule with the same faction leader is excellent and well done.

OneArmedMexican
General

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:59 am

Baris wrote:Edit: Oh I see that southern white commanders without cossack commander ability can not command cossacks troops in a division now. well done.

Was this change intentional? It effects all subfactions: e.g.: a Northern White commander can't put Southern White militia in his division.

Like Baris I feel that this is a good change in principal. :thumbsup: However there are some instances where this seems a bit harsh:

1) Northern Whites can only recruit Southern White militia in their cities. There is no Northern White militia and the Northern White peasants aren't recruitable anywhere (bug?). It might be a good idea to introduce Northern White militia (or to enable command of Southern White troops for Northern White generals).

2) Similarly, most of the allied war material in the North comes in the form of British troops (in particular a lot of artillery). This material was destined for the use of Russian soldiers. Now they can't integrate it into their divisions.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:13 am

New Ukrainian Anarchist ability icon
here: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?p=220189#post220189

picaron

Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:09 pm

In the patch 1.04 are absent the graphs of the principal menu in Spanish.

:wavey:
Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

AshTray
Conscript

Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:50 am

Sib whites cossaks militia units can not be trained to regular - is it normal?

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:19 pm

As playing Reds When I try to assault Arshabat, battle screen blinks 2 or 3 times a turn and in previous turns but no assault or battle occur. Here is the Siberian garrison in the city. When I click Persian and British supply unit card , application stalling error message appears. Both Persian and British supply does not have element detail panel.

[ATTACH]16227[/ATTACH]
Attachments
arshabat.jpg
Backup2.rar
(864.38 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
Backup1.rar
(854.04 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
Grand Campaign0.rar
(772.19 KiB) Downloaded 247 times

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:42 am

Hmm. The link at the top isn't working?

lodilefty

Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:30 am

Link fixed :D
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

SEPRUS

Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:06 am

Baris wrote:As playing Reds When I try to assault Arshabat, battle screen blinks 2 or 3 times a turn and in previous turns but no assault or battle occur. Here is the Siberian garrison in the city. When I click Persian and British supply unit card , application stalling error message appears. Both Persian and British supply does not have element detail panel.

Nothing much we can do now, you need to backup the turn before they lost their elements. Try also to put them alone in a stack, the code will perhaps clean them after one turn.

SEPRUS

Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:08 am

OneArmedMexican wrote:Was this change intentional? It effects all subfactions: e.g.: a Northern White commander can't put Southern White militia in his division.

Like Baris I feel that this is a good change in principal. :thumbsup: However there are some instances where this seems a bit harsh:

1) Northern Whites can only recruit Southern White militia in their cities. There is no Northern White militia and the Northern White peasants aren't recruitable anywhere (bug?). It might be a good idea to introduce Northern White militia (or to enable command of Southern White troops for Northern White generals).

2) Similarly, most of the allied war material in the North comes in the form of British troops (in particular a lot of artillery). This material was destined for the use of Russian soldiers. Now they can't integrate it into their divisions.

GBR thus needs to be added to the CoopTag of the Whites. You can do that by modding until there is another fix.

SEPRUS

Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:08 am

picaron wrote:In the patch 1.04 are absent the graphs of the principal menu in Spanish.

:wavey:

We will check that. Strange because localization has not been touched in last patch.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:02 pm

SEPRUS wrote:Nothing much we can do now, you need to backup the turn before they lost their elements. Try also to put them alone in a stack, the code will perhaps clean them after one turn.

Unfortunately when I try to put supply units (without touching their unit pics) alone in the stack game crashes. They are British aligned units but in the British replacement panel there is not an indication that their hitpoints are missing. In the next turns they don't get replacements either when I manually pull out Red army in the region. I had remember before that there was also the same problem in previous patches when assaulting this city.

OneArmedMexican
General

Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:14 pm

I still can't destroy level 1 depots under the new patch. Or am I just too dumb? :blink:

OneArmedMexican
General

Promotion system doesn't work anymore

Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:50 pm

Sorry to bug the SEPRUS team again. :)

I believe the promotion system isn't working anymore.

In the attached game file, I have just won a series of battles. 14 leaders gain senority but not a single one becomes promotable. If you take a look at Kappel's stack you will see that he himself has gained 20 points of senority since the game started yet he is still not promotable. Most of his subordinates have gained ~10 points of senority, yet none of them is promotable, either.
The same holds true for Pepeliaev's stack further north. Big senority gains, no promotions.

In fact, I haven't seen any promotions in two previous games under this patch, either. While this isn't a catastrophy for a White player (with a decent amount of generals), I wouldn't want to play the Reds (perpetually short on generals) under a patch that doesn't allow for promotions.

I am not hosting this game. If you need the complete game files, please let me know, I will ask our host.
Attachments
bug report savegame.zip
(142.21 KiB) Downloaded 230 times

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:43 pm

I've also noticed that some leaders gain alot of seniority but are never promotable. Others are promotable at what seems like a normal pace.

Hmm, looking at my current PBEM, the only leaders I've been able to promote are Vatzetis, Frunze, and Ghai-Khan. Chapaev for example, is up 11 seniority but no promotion available.

Narwhal

Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:47 pm

I could promote Wrangel and a couple "minor" leaders no problem in my PBEM game, so I am not sure if it is a 1.4 bug.

lodilefty

Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:16 am

RUS does not have the "universal" promotion function set as in some other AGE games (ex WIA).

The "Can be promoted" statement in the Model Detail window must say "yes" for any promotion to occur for that leader. (a different model must exist or be defined)

Adding the parameter "GenPromotable" to the Models (as in WIA DB) would enable Universal Promotability. That change would be a SEPRUS design decision.
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

OneArmedMexican
General

Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:36 pm

lodilefty wrote:RUS does not have the "universal" promotion function set as in some other AGE games (ex WIA).

The "Can be promoted" statement in the Model Detail window must say "yes" for any promotion to occur for that leader. (a different model must exist or be defined).

I had thought about that as a possible reason but from the number of promotions less known generals got in the past, I always thought RUS used universal promotion. Seems I am wrong.

Thank you for clearing this up. :)

Narwhal

Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:24 am

Small bug in the vanilla version.

Grand Campaign - I declared war to the Finn, it worked, but the option is still available.

Narwhal

Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:32 pm

Also :

This is 1.04.
Attachments
Bug.jpg

grenvill
Conscript

Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:12 am

trotsky died at his 2nd battle :(

Orel
Brigadier General

Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:11 am

I've heard from Highlandcharge that there should have been a new patch this week. Is this true, will there be a new patch at all?
For united Russia!

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:50 pm

It is said, each time we ask, they find bugs and the patch (if any) is postponed one week :D

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”