OneArmedMexican
General

Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:29 pm

Seb wrote:Ressources balance and leader shortage are on the top of our next patch correction list :)
Thanks a lot for your feedbacks

Giving feedback is very egoistical, it gets us a better game.

I stumbled upon one little thing:

Mdl file 1316 Tolstov (two star version of this general). It lacks the "Cossack_Commander2" ability that the one and three star versions of this commander have.

And another question: Are you sure you solved the experience bug? The longer I play the more I get doubtful, especially cavalry still seems to aquire experience extremely fast. See the screen below:

[ATTACH]14483[/ATTACH]

Thank you for your work! :thumbsup:
Attachments
rus17.jpg

jack54
Brigadier General

Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:36 am

yep I believe exp should be looked at; this unit was in only 3 battles granted they were large battles...
[ATTACH]14493[/ATTACH]

thanks!
Attachments
rus exp1 crop.jpg

Ebbingford

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:59 am

Units are gaining experience and getting to 1 * of experience without doing anything. They don't even have to take part in a battle to get to this level.
Is this WAD?
Can post a save if needed.

Ebbingford

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:30 am

The "Party members join the army" option should only appear in the ledger when it can be used. At the moment once you have selected it once it stays active, but doesn't work again.
Shouldn't it be removed from the ledger until enough time has passed for it be active once more?

Seb

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:13 am

Ebbingford wrote:Units are gaining experience and getting to 1 * of experience without doing anything. They don't even have to take part in a battle to get to this level.
Is this WAD?
Can post a save if needed.

Many units have experience right from the beginning of the game : they are elite units, composed of men who fought during WW1.
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Ebbingford

Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:10 pm

Seb wrote:Many units have experience right from the beginning of the game : they are elite units, composed of men who fought during WW1.

I'm talking about units that I have raised and have been sitting doing nothing. The infantry divisions that are made up of conscript elements are getting to one star of experience and then upgrading to regular. These are then gaining an experience star. All through just sitting doing nothing.

Alexor
Lieutenant

Kurganinsk is still an objective ?!

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:29 am

Another issue raised a long time ago already but still not resolved after many patches is the region of Kurganinsk (just east of Ekaterinodar in the Kuban) showing on the map as an "objective city"...
It's even listed in the F9 screen as a Neutral controlled objective after the Whites controls it. :confused:
What's up with that ?

Seb

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:50 am

Alexor wrote:Another issue raised a long time ago already but still not resolved after many patches is the region of Kurganinsk (just east of Ekaterinodar in the Kuban) showing on the map as an "objective city"...
It's even listed in the F9 screen as a Neutral controlled objective after the Whites controls it. :confused:
What's up with that ?

Still on the bug list :( As well as the experience problem
We have not forgotten it, we will deal with it as soon as possible
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Alexor
Lieutenant

Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:21 pm

Seb wrote:Still on the bug list :( As well as the experience problem
We have not forgotten it, we will deal with it as soon as possible

Maybe the fact that I (as the Southern White) can not use Special Operations in the Kuban is related to that issue ?

Athens
Brigadier General

Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:39 pm

Alexor wrote:Maybe the fact that I (as the Southern White) can not use Special Operations in the Kuban is related to that issue ?

NO. I fixed that in FY without results. There re 4 areas sharing this trouble: Kuban, Petrograd, Novgorod and Tomsk, and not always.

Note: this bug can be fixed in 2 minutes: among the objectives list, Tallinn isn't correctly spelled.
Fatal Years mod for RUS: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2875975

My blog: http://moddercorner.com/about/

[SIZE="2"]Players quotes about Fatal Years:[/size]

the more I play this the more I become convinced that RUS is one of the best strategy games I have ever played... and I have played many since the mid 80's. The AI in this mod is at level with Sid Meier's best efforts.

OneArmedMexican
General

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:44 pm

I came across another tiny bug today:

mdl file 1401 (= ldr_WH5_Skobeltsyn1):

In the mdl file, there is one line missing: "TechUpg = $ldr_WH5_Skobeltsyn2". Without it, promoting this leader is probably not possible.

I know, no big deal. On the other hand really easy to fix. :)

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:11 am

When you recruit a new general and click on the appearance message is it supposed to center on where he shows up? I've recruited generals a few times and can't find them at all. I'm almost positive none are showing up.

Also, I'm able to make requisitions from Samarra and Caspian Regions as the southern whites when I'm nowhere near them. I'm also noticing the 1* experience problem and the Kuban problem.

Alexor
Lieutenant

Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:34 pm

I'm doing the campaign with the Southern White and the "recruit prisoners" special op only worked once at the beginning of the game.
I'm now in Sep 19 and I have 22,000 Red prisoners but I can't recruit them (I've been trying every turn).
Something bugged here....

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:17 pm

Alexor wrote:I'm doing the campaign with the Southern White and the "recruit prisoners" special op only worked once at the beginning of the game.
I'm now in Sep 19 and I have 22,000 Red prisoners but I can't recruit them (I've been trying every turn).
Something bugged here....

I'm also getting this as the southern whites.

OneArmedMexican
General

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:21 pm

Another small leader issue: 1680 POL A. Listowski, is not promotable to the existing two star version.
3 things are wrong in the mdl file:
1) line "TechUpg = $ldr_POL_Listowski2" is missing
2) Promotable is set to "No" instead of "Yes"
3) "MaxRank" should be "2"

Hohenlohe

Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:55 pm

I would suggest, that the Reds should get more Officers per option and eventually one or two training_officers more because the Southern Whites have a clear advantage...

greetings

Hohenlohe :coeurs:
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

lycortas
Sergeant

Red leaders

Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:55 pm

I second Hohenloe's comment. The Whites can gain 4 usable leaders per event tick, 1 Southern White, 1 Don Cossack, 1 Siberian, 1 Komuch.

The Reds get 1 per tick and they are losing this game due to this.

Denikin shoeld not get the expert logistics bonus he should get the same malus as Kolchak; corrupted administration.

British officer Poole should be removed the same turn Ironside enters. Czech leader Gaida is one of the best rated officers in my abysmally lead Siberian army. But in my reading on the Civil War Gaida is only mentioned as 'incompetent'.

OneArmedMexican
General

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:10 pm

Hohenlohe wrote:I would suggest, that the Reds should get more Officers per option and eventually one or two training_officers more because the Southern Whites have a clear advantage...

greetings

Hohenlohe :coeurs:

If you look at posts # 58 and # 59 of this very thread, you will see that the developpers have promised to adress this problem. ;)

OneArmedMexican
General

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:18 pm

lycortas wrote:Denikin shoeld not get the expert logistics bonus he should get the same malus as Kolchak; corrupted administration.

British officer Poole should be removed the same turn Ironside enters. Czech leader Gaida is one of the best rated officers in my abysmally lead Siberian army. But in my reading on the Civil War Gaida is only mentioned as 'incompetent'.

I think lycortas lays his finger in one of the open wounds of RUS: leader stats. There are some leaders whose ratings indeed seem questionable. The bigger problem is however the uniformity of the rest:

2 0 0 for RED leaders, 4 1 1 for White leaders, 3 1 1 for US, French and British leaders.

Basically, it kills immersion into the game. Moreover, it doesn't matter which leader you choose for which job, if most of them are rated the same. Last but not least, it is unrealistic: historically, generals weren't all the same, each of them had his strengths and weaknesses.

TheDoctorKing

Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:51 pm

I'd like to see more Red (and also Komuch) leaders with the "propagandist" advantage. To my mind, this is their stereotypical advantage - they had a philosophy that, at least on paper, was very attractive to the Russian people. The Reds appealed to the urban working class while the Komuch appealed to the rural population, but each could also make inroads among the other's turf. The more aristocratic or bourgeois Whites already had the active support of most of the population that might have been attracted to their ideology; they didn't have much to gain from appeals to public opinion. If the anti-Bolshevik nationalities are incorporated as sub-factions in the various White groups, though, it would be good to give them one or two such leaders to represent the ability to fire non-Russian ethnics to support the cause for ideological reasons. This was, after all, a struggle between competing ideas of what Russia should be, not just a military struggle. The political conflict deserves some more attention in the game and this is one way to do it.
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:35 pm

lycortas wrote:Denikin shoeld not get the expert logistics bonus he should get the same malus as Kolchak; corrupted administration.

Yes, if Denikin was expert, then Wrangel was genius.
TheDoctorKing wrote:I'd like to see more Red (and also Komuch) leaders with the "propagandist" advantage. To my mind, this is their stereotypical advantage - they had a philosophy that, at least on paper, was very attractive to the Russian people. The Reds appealed to the urban working class

As the armies where mainly rural, I don't think it would be good. Only the few better talkers (Trotsky, Lenin, ..), or the rural leaders (such as makhnovists), should have this propagandist advantage. And that's one of the reason the Bolsheviks wanted to annihilate the makhnovchtchina.
while the Komuch appealed to the rural population, but each could also make inroads among the other's turf. The more aristocratic or bourgeois Whites already had the active support of most of the population that might have been attracted to their ideology; they didn't have much to gain from appeals to public opinion.

Anti-bolshevism was attractive for populations, not the White no-ideas. The Komuch was appealing because they were the better in the bad White ideas (such as: people were not for the coming-back of Kulaks, and Komuch was for).

TheDoctorKing

Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:05 pm

Yes, and certainly the Black leaders should have the propagandist skill.

It would be nice if you could limit the effect to a particular target audience - Reds only affect loyalty in urban areas, S-R's and Anarchists in rural areas, local nationalists only in their nations - but failing that, I'd still like to have them exist.

Do we know if the propagandist leader characteristic actually works?
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:38 am

TheDoctorKing wrote:Yes, and certainly the Black leaders should have the propagandist skill.

It would be nice if you could limit the effect to a particular target audience - Reds only affect loyalty in urban areas, S-R's and Anarchists in rural areas, local nationalists only in their nations

I think they should have the "populist" skill not a propagandist. Recruiting officer trait is satisfactory, which increase the concripts in the already loyal areas.
Historically, groups and leaders were mostly succesfull when they anticipate, understand the opposing movement of the masses to the authority and divert the antogonist energy for their own political goals to some extent. It should be difficult or impossible to make propaganda that contradicts the goals of a particular class. I think nothing achieved with propaganda, population choose the side of a winning faction. Guns and fighting will of the very minority groups such as reds and white factions were dominant on the huge number of peasants destiny.

In present there are some uprisings in the news and they have no "real leader". Everyone including ruling class is waiting to pick side when everything is more clear.

SEPRUS

Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:01 pm

If several of you are confirming that there is a suspicious increase in experience, despite the last fix, then please send a saved game to support. Give enough details to speed up the debugging process please.

bloodybisounours
Lieutenant

Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:12 pm

If the rules are the same. It's more than suspicious. Troops gain 4 ou 5 stars (sometimes more) in one battle.

What do you want exactly ? The .ord and the .trn ?
[CENTER]Image

R.A.A R.U.S[/CENTER]

Ebbingford

Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:04 am

SEPRUS wrote:If several of you are confirming that there is a suspicious increase in experience, despite the last fix, then please send a saved game to support. Give enough details to speed up the debugging process please.

Here are a load of saves with the experience being gained by troops through not doing anything.
If you look at the 3rd and 8th Fusiliers in Petrograd you will see that several of the elements have already upgraded to line infantry from conscripts. Most of the conscripts have one * of experience already so will shortly also upgrade. These units have not been comanded by a training master nor engaged in any battles. They have gained experience by just sitting there doing nothing.
Save and several backups attached
Attachments
experiencegoingup.rar
(3.79 MiB) Downloaded 206 times

bloodybisounours
Lieutenant

Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:45 pm

Here the four last backup from our three players game.

By the way, there was a little problem with one corps. It appears on the north of Penza but in fact it was located on the east.

I realized this when I was wondering why it didn't fight in this aera and I tried to move it.
Attachments
backup 4.rar
(81 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
backup 3.rar
(88.77 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
backup 2.rar
(80.79 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
Backup 1.rar
(92.86 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
[CENTER]Image

R.A.A R.U.S[/CENTER]

Alexor
Lieutenant

Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:23 pm

That's probably because the Corps moved "to the sound of guns" during the previous combat phase...It happened to me too

bloodybisounours
Lieutenant

Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:49 pm

No it's not that. It seems to be on the north of Penza but when you try to move it, it teleport in the next area.

In fact it fled from the Reds in the previous turn but unless you try to move it, it still appears as if it didn't move.

EDIT : The last turn for uploading
Attachments
back_up5.rar
(180.91 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
[CENTER]Image

R.A.A R.U.S[/CENTER]

ChrisD
Sergeant

Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:57 pm

When speaking english the enemy of the Revolution are still lying comrades ! They lost the battle of Penza because of their mistakes !
ChrisD, mais pourquoi est-il si méchant ?

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”