JackoWords
Private

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:27 pm

Hear, hear!

And, ah, so as not to derail the thread: Great job on the Patches and AI. :)

Florent

Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:17 pm

Hope it will please you.
Certainly..with Tanks building fonctionning ;)

Clovis

Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:20 pm

Florent wrote:Hope it will please you.
Certainly..with Tanks building fonctionning ;)

Done. I've finally found the last glitch... At last :D
[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Florent

Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:23 pm

Thus next version should be close to final with all fonctionning, thereafter it will be just a story of Chrome adding new leaders, portraits or something interesting that escaped the research and new scenarios and variants. :thumbsup:

Nikel

Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:32 pm

Florent wrote:Thus next version should be close to final with all fonctionning, thereafter it will be just a story of Chrome adding new leaders, portraits or something interesting that escaped the research and new scenarios and variants. :thumbsup:

If this is true, Clovis, Seb, Cat Lord, what is next? :D

I hope RUS is being rewarding enough to create another project in the future :)

Or it is not possible after Paradox bought AGEod?

Clovis

Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:45 pm

Nikel wrote:If this is true, Clovis, Seb, Cat Lord, what is next? :D

I hope RUS is being rewarding enough to create another project in the future :)

Or it is not possible after Paradox bought AGEod?

For me, SVF :) . My work on RUS is now over and I just hope it will please all, even if After testing, Poland events I mentioned before aren't fully working and so will not be introduced....That's life ;)
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Franciscus

Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:35 pm

I do not want to hijack this thread, but let me make a suggestion to Clovis: why don't you and Ageod release together SVF 2.0 as a paid expansion to AACW ? I will be more than willing to pay, say, 10€ for it. It would be integrated as an additional AACW scenario; it would be finantially good both to you and Ageod (AACW interest would also rise). And it would be not very different to what Paradox made with the EU game...

Just an idea... :love:

Clovis

Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:53 pm

Franciscus wrote:I do not want to hijack this thread, but let me make a suggestion to Clovis: why don't you and Ageod release together SVF 2.0 as a paid expansion to AACW ? I will be more than willing to pay, say, 10€ for it. It would be integrated as an additional AACW scenario; it would be finantially good both to you and Ageod (AACW interest would also rise). And it would be not very different to what Paradox made with the EU game...

Just an idea... :love:

I will reply here, and it will be please the last post on this point here. Please post your PoV in the AACW forum.

I'm first not sure it will work as well than for RUS, let me try first :neener:

Then you're right:SVF 2.0 is my contribution to AGEOD. They're creating not only excellent games, but they are taking risk by exploring uncommon subjects, when it's so simple to sell games situated either at Bastogne in 1944 or Kharkv in 1943 ( no pun here against Panther Games, 2by3 and others, but I just don't resign myself to computer wargaming reduced to WW2) and both Phil are very keen people living fom the business.

Ageod is very small, smaller than many can imagine. A project is generally worked by five to 6 persons, at best, and most on free time... But AGEOD has always maintained a high following oftheir game. AACW is yet improved, 3 full years after release.

Now, that's insufficient. Player want immediate rewarding of the game they bought, and that's legitimate. Players are considering a game must be perfect at release, and that's legitimate. Impossible because of the lack of means, but I understand perfectly why players are asking for perfect game from the start.

So selling a version only with a less dum AI would be certainly the cause of endless acrimony you may read from time to time on several forums about patch grimed into DLC...

That would be counterproductive.

But what I hope is giving AACW an AI showing how good is the AGE engine; I feel it's the last piece lacking to the efforts made during several years by both Phils and Grey Lanman and so many other to patch, imporve, update AACW.If I may add this, and help them to get more rewerded the several hundred hours they have given to this game, I will be...happy.

I will yet happier because AACW is with RUS the game I love to play, even 3 years after... :w00t:

Thanks
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Florent

Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:33 pm

After testing, Poland events I mentioned before aren't fully working and so will not be introduced....That's life

What types of events will be not in the game ? The events when Poland was created after the German evacuation ?

Clovis

Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:43 pm

Florent wrote:After testing, Poland events I mentioned before aren't fully working and so will not be introduced....That's life

What types of events will be not in the game ? The events when Poland was created after the German evacuation ?

No, the old are yet there. The new abuut Red DOW and other new features can't be ready for the next patch, as they are bugged ( an unexpected bug but difficult to solve).

If I may solve it, these new events will come later ;) . I could even upload them as a mod for testing purpose when I will have fixed the thing :)
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

von Sachsen
Captain

Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:53 am

I could have sworn this was fixed, but for some reason the partial mobilization refuses to work for me as the southern Whites. I have over 60 EP and enough money, but after selecting the option many turns in a row, it does not function. Attached is the last turn before the one I am currently on, but this has occured the entire game (I'm in Late Sep 18.)
Attachments
RUScamp.rar
(521.76 KiB) Downloaded 297 times

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:43 am

Late 1919 april, by luck I have met with southern white forces as playing with Siberian white. They are were also marching to Tambov, Trotski forces are in the city.
In that turn or before now I can make requisiton from DON and Stavropol,Arkhangels regions(and it was successfull after 2 turns) which are under fow.

Edit:Very Small loyalty but no MC control in Rostov(in FOW) for requisition. MC is southern whites 100%. No disputed ownership.
Attachments
Grand Campaign0.rar
(652.83 KiB) Downloaded 284 times

Clovis

Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:33 am

von Sachsen wrote:I could have sworn this was fixed, but for some reason the partial mobilization refuses to work for me as the southern Whites. I have over 60 EP and enough money, but after selecting the option many turns in a row, it does not function. Attached is the last turn before the one I am currently on, but this has occured the entire game (I'm in Late Sep 18.)

I've looked your save, and you have currently 0 EP :confused: . We would need another turn with the 15 EP needed to fire the event.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

SEPRUS

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:51 pm

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/latest/RUS_Patch.zip

[color="Red"]The patch has been updated to 1.01a as of December 21st. It includes all hotfixes so far and further improve historical events and AI behaviors.[/color]

von Sachsen
Captain

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:53 pm

Clovis wrote:I've looked your save, and you have currently 0 EP :confused: . We would need another turn with the 15 EP needed to fire the event.

:bonk: On reloading I took a closer look and found that I had been looking at VP instead of EP. All is well, I spent the last of my EP that turn to get more money, though I also chose mobilization thinking that I had more than enough for both, but instead only had the 20 for getting money. :bonk:

Nikel

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:02 pm

SEPRUS wrote:http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/latest/RUS_Patch.zip

[color="Red"]The patch has been updated to 1.01a as of December 21st. It includes all hotfixes so far and further improve historical events and AI behaviors.[/color]

Is this link 1.01a or 1.01?

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:36 pm

Nikel wrote:Is this link 1.01a or 1.01?

Yes 1.01a: I tested the Patch_RUS101a.exe

Clovis

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:43 pm

von Sachsen wrote: :bonk: On reloading I took a closer look and found that I had been looking at VP instead of EP. All is well, I spent the last of my EP that turn to get more money, though I also chose mobilization thinking that I had more than enough for both, but instead only had the 20 for getting money. :bonk:

That's exactly the point: either money or men by options, not the 2, even for Southern Whites. With the precedent and too liberal system, S. Whites could get too soon an army whose size assured taking Tzaritsyn before the first Winter.

Balance is a hard task, necessiting humility, time, flair, and errors.... ;)
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Nikel

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:54 pm

ERISS wrote:Patch_RUS101a.exe

Yes, the file has been updated, now it is 1.01a ;)

A new unit graphics are not in the folder? Unit_WHI_Lit1, also armies and portrait

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:07 pm

Loyalty map mode colors looks great :thumbsup: it was very much needed to identify loyalty of areas quickly, thanks.
And in future it will be also helpful to use the same colours in special operations map mode to quickly understand the loyalty values of areas, thanks for the patch :)

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:15 pm

Clovis: Can I safely purchase this hummer? It still seems to be full of little red bugs. t

Narwhal

Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:55 pm

More minor quirks, so that Tagwyn is happy.

In the alternate history campaign, as Red, I choose to refuse the war with my brothers from Ukraine. Communism is peace ! Honest !
I was genuine.

Athena answered me : opt_notify_REDUkraineIncident3 I suppose Athena wants to notify me of ... something.
I can also ally with the Blacks, but I cannot see them on the map.

In the Diplomatic screen, I can now do the action opt_title_RED_UkrainianDOW. It sounds powerful.

In the Finnish Civil War campaign, I did not check since 1.00 BUT I have not seen it reported, the Finnish Reds still get supplies landing at Helsinski even though Mannerheim is parading in the city. Smells like a bug.

Clovis

Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:04 am

tagwyn wrote:Clovis: Can I safely purchase this hummer? It still seems to be full of little red bugs. t

Of course there are yet bugs. There are too old bugs we squashed. There are too future bugs we plan to introduce with the next patch and remove with the last patch.

Hey,AACW was released 3 years ago and there is still a beta patch fixing bugs.

Of course, AACW isn't only a game having some small bugs, I believe even this is certainly one of the wargame having the less number of bugs possible. And it was playable since 2007.

It seems RUS is played. And considering the repror :) ts, it seems bugs aren't very important.

But you could just try the demo.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Cordell
Sergeant

Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:19 am

Did you change something for the weather hits? Russian summer seems to be really tough now :D

Quite challenging by the way...

Its also impossible to park my SouthWhites boat in the Siberians one is it intented?

TheDoctorKing

Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:18 am

Cordell wrote:Did you change something for the weather hits? Russian summer seems to be really tough now :D

I noticed that too. Early June 1919 and my boys up around Pskov and Kazan took hits like three or four times in the same turn. Must be suffering in the heat ;)
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Clovis

Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:55 am

Cordell wrote:Did you change something for the weather hits? Russian summer seems to be really tough now :D

Quite challenging by the way...

Its also impossible to park my SouthWhites boat in the Siberians one is it intented?

This hits have always existed, but they weren't noticed before ;) ; They are the result of movesin difficult terrain.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Clovis

Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:21 pm

small hotfix fr 1.01a patch fixing 2 small bugs.

Unzip in the RUS/Events folder. Compatable with ongoing games
Attachments
hotfix1.zip
(32.41 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

SEPRUS

Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:15 pm

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/latest/RUS_Patch.zip

The patch has been updated to 1.01b as of December 24th. It includes all hotfixes so far and further improve historical events and AI behaviors.

Gray_Lensman

Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:39 pm

deleted

vonRocko
Colonel

Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:38 pm

A Christmas eve patch! :w00t:
Thanks guys! Merry Christmas :)

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”