Lasse
Sergeant

No Paradox forum?

Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:01 am

Hi
Just wanted to ask, why this game doesn't have it's own forum on the paradox site? both RoP and PoN has. I should think that it would only boost sales to get the word out to as many as possible.

von Sachsen
Captain

Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:11 pm

Probably because technically it is not an AGEOD game, but rather a third party game done on the AGEOD engine.

Cat Lord

Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:14 pm

Lasse wrote:Hi
Just wanted to ask, why this game doesn't have it's own forum on the paradox site? both RoP and PoN has. I should think that it would only boost sales to get the word out to as many as possible.
Because it's not a Paradox game ?

I had a thread in the Paradox France/AgeOD forum before, but this has been send to the OT. Talk about not having visibility for more than 5 minutes. :(

I would love us to have an "official" thread or forum, especially as we are sold on GamersGate, after all. And without visibility I am sure we don't sell well over there. :bonk: So it would be a win-win situation for us and for them if we had a forum or a dedicated thread.

I would be more than happy that Paradox players do a bit of lobbying for us, and ask Kallocain for it to be the case. ;)

Cat
[CENTER]
Image[/CENTER]

Lasse
Sergeant

Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:26 pm

Ah, didn't know it wasn't an official ageod game. Thought it was, and since ageod is paradox owned (or am I mistaken?) it just somehow hat slipped through the cracks.

Love it so far - just wanted to get the word out about a great game.

Zap Brannigan

Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:27 pm

I knew it was not an official game from AGEOD but it is published by them (and on their engine) so they must be getting some cut of the money, therefore it would make sense if the game was given more exposure on the Paradox forum.

More money for Ageod = more money for the Paradox company as a whole.

I don't think Gamersgate is owned by Paradox anymore (not 100% sure), so that doesn't affect the matter.

Andriko
Corporal

Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Well, to be frank, Paradox have rearranged there forums every 2 weeks since the new boards went up, which is annoying the hell out of me, and which seems rather a dumb idea. And I liked the idea of AGEOD having its own section there, as all (nearly!) are on the same engine, with the same style. If Paradox want them to sell well, that would have been a good piece of marketing.

Oh well

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”