Templer
General

How complex RUS is compared to ...

Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:04 pm

Hi,

I am a lover of AACW :coeurs: and still looking for a another more complex Athena game.
I am testing at the moment the RoP demo but the lack of complexity annoyed me a little.

How complex is RUS compared to AACW and RoP?
Greetings
Templer

Cat Lord

Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:04 pm

I think RUS is probably the closest AGE-engine based game to AACW.

Because the 2 conflicts (ACW and RCW) have in fact, much more in common, military speaking, that you would think at first. :)

Cat
[CENTER]
Image[/CENTER]

Templer
General

Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:46 pm

Cat Lord wrote:I think RUS is probably the closest AGE-engine based game to AACW.

Because the 2 conflicts (ACW and RCW) have in fact, much more in common, military speaking, that you would think at first. :)

Cat

Someone else agree with this?

And required system wants 3 GB RAM.
So it will not run with 2,75 GB RAM?
The demo runs - so far.
Greetings

Templer

Cat Lord

Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:49 pm

Templer wrote:Someone else agree with this?

And required system wants 3 GB RAM.
So it will not run with 2,75 GB RAM?
The demo runs - so far.
If the demo runs, the game should run. It may just be slower to resolver turn with a lot more units on the map, that's it.

The biggest performance problem for me was scrolling the map when unzoomed.

I actually found it quicker to click somewhere on the map and then move the mouse around it, that to scroll from the border.

Cat
[CENTER]

Image[/CENTER]

Bertram

Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:18 pm

It does, I think, depend on your definition of complex....

Though I have seen only the demo of RUS, it seems that AACW and RUS have a production system that is comparable. No buying of units yet in RUS, but RUS has more diplomacy options (in theory - havent seen them work in practice yet).

It looks like the map is at least as large in RUS, unit density as yet unknown...

In general the easy of use of the units in AACW is higher than in ROP (the units in ROP are more vulnarable), and the units in AACW move faster. It looks like that in this aspect AACW and RUS are a bit the same - more opportunity for outflanking, but in ROP you need to plan more carefull - no idea what you would find more complex.

At least in the scenario in the demo you have to oppotunity to try and capture a gold transport - no way either AACW or ROP can beat that :) .

Cat Lord

Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:44 pm

Bertram wrote:No buying of units yet in RUS
You can: The construction mode is accessed by clicking on the canon turret in the bottom left corner.

There is a whole section of the manual about building new units. :)

Cat
[CENTER]

Image[/CENTER]

Bertram

Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:03 am

I already had discovered that - after reading the manual (I know, I am a whimp :) ).

I got to say that the turret is not a logical target for a click.... I did click the other turret, as it has a symbol on it, but the plain gray/black turret does not look like a clicky

Flop
Major

Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:43 pm

Cat Lord wrote:You can: The construction mode is accessed by clicking on the canon turret in the bottom left corner.

There is a whole section of the manual about building new units. :)

Cat

Is the manual available for download somewhere, preferably as a seperate download? I already downloaded the demo on my home computer, but i'd like to read the manual on my notebook.

Cat Lord

Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:11 pm

Flop wrote:Is the manual available for download somewhere, preferably as a seperate download? I already downloaded the demo on my home computer, but i'd like to read the manual on my notebook.
We will make the manual available as a separate download, yes.

Cheers,

Cat
[CENTER]

Image[/CENTER]

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”