Lynxyonok
AGEod Veteran

A plea for S. Lebourcq

Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:17 pm

Sir,

First of all, I've never met you. We've played once, yes; but overall, I'm a stranger.

Still, I'm a fan of your work. My heritage notwithstanding, your RUS game and events have been amazing. Almost, that is. When they work.

And they don't work.

I've played RUS (the original; the expansion; the patches, every single one of them). I've played RUS many, many times as I'm genuinely passionate about the period in history.

And after 1919, they always crash, sooner or later.

Sir, do you need more testers? Do you need more volunteers? You've had and held a unique piece of history in your hands, and due to a handful (? perhaps? - I am no programmer) possible outcomes the entirety of your effort is wasted; the game is unplayable.

I have no idea as to your current business arrangement with AGEOD - but as a user, I'm deeply sad.

You had a chance for glory.

You missed it.

Nikel

Re: A plea for S. Lebourcq

Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:44 am

He left this building years ago!

https://fr.linkedin.com/in/sebastien-lebourcq

Like the second original designer.

https://fr.linkedin.com/in/corriol

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:56 pm

Many years ago, the RUS games were not said so crashing, they were released in not so bad shape.
So the crashes seem to occure due to uncompatibility with old new Windows or material features.
Yup, that's sad there was no support for this, I'm myself upset with those crashes and no longer try to play RusG.

Lynxyonok
AGEod Veteran

Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:55 pm

Thank you for all the responses. You know, it's quite sad, that as many resources as we all have with the advent of Internet, shoddy programmers still can make a living.

- Just a sad strategy player.

Lynxyonok
AGEod Veteran

Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:45 pm

P.S. I've learned to back up each save outside of Steam game directory, each save created right after all orders had been submitted. So, time lost to crashes had been minimal. I'm even going to attempt an AAR:
viewtopic.php?f=291&t=54041

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:56 pm

(didn't want to create a new thread for this)
Baris wrote:new RCW can be made with Avalon Digital new engine

At last a "Rus-Platinum"?

Durk

Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:02 pm

You know fellows, I never have a crash with RUS Gold or Sons of War; and I play a lot of RUS. Of course I only play pbem which I think, inadvertently, solves for cause of crashes. By that I mean, the game needs to periodically purge its memory. Playing solo whether against AI or yourself, this can be accomplished by simply exiting the game and then starting it again fresh, probably every three turns.
I actually do not have crashes with this game.

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”