TheDoctorKing

Wierd outcomes in the DNO scenario

Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:58 am

I decided to try a game of RUS now the new patch has come out. I'm playing the DNO scenario solo as the Reds against the AI. I accepted the German ultimatum to start the game, and crushed the Southern Whites. Now, I have turned on the Transcaucasus. Only problem is, our forces won't fight. The Transcaucasus armies are marching through my lines on their way to various points in the interior of Red territory, while my boys march unopposed to their various objectives. I don't appear to be getting any MC in the regions I have entered either. When I hover over the Transcaucaus armies, they are reported as being "German, cordial relations". I'm betting that somehow I have not actually gone to war with them.

So much for the "one enemy at a time" strategy.

I can send a save game to anybody who would like one, please message me your email address.
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PhilThib

Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:53 am

Most likely we are missing something here...the game behaves normally, because the Caucasus nations are a subfaction of the Germans, so if you are at peace with them, they won't battle with you in the Caucasus...if you want to kill them, you need to declare war to Germany....it's a limitation of the subfaction system

lodilefty

Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:45 am

TheDoctorKing wrote:I decided to try a game of RUS now the new patch has come out. I'm playing the DNO scenario solo as the Reds against the AI. I accepted the German ultimatum to start the game, and crushed the Southern Whites. Now, I have turned on the Transcaucasus. Only problem is, our forces won't fight. The Transcaucasus armies are marching through my lines on their way to various points in the interior of Red territory, while my boys march unopposed to their various objectives. I don't appear to be getting any MC in the regions I have entered either. When I hover over the Transcaucaus armies, they are reported as being "German, cordial relations". I'm betting that somehow I have not actually gone to war with them.

So much for the "one enemy at a time" strategy.

I can send a save game to anybody who would like one, please message me your email address.

Post save here using this procedure:
http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Send_Saved_Game
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

TheDoctorKing

Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:11 am

[ATTACH]20729[/ATTACH]

OK, there's the save file.

No doubt Phil is right - the minors are subfactions of Germany and since I am at peace with Germany they just march on through me and vice-versa. Something to deal with in the scenario construction.
Attachments
7-Drang19211.zip
(4.42 MiB) Downloaded 173 times
Stewart King

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TheDoctorKing

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:57 pm

I notice after a few more turns that the Caucasus units are heading for points far in the interior of Red territory - Perm, Archangel, Kazan. I don't see them deteriorating for lack of supplies - I hope that some traitors in the Red supply service aren't feeding them out the back door :) Now that I look, there are actually some Germans doing the same thing. There is a big German force sitting in Minsk, along with my Southwestern Front, and then a couple of smaller German forces running around east of Moscow.

Another thing: when I submitted to the German ultimatum, all my forces from Ukraine were moved to Rostov, which is fine. Only problem is, the ones that were locked as garrisons are still locked. Now Rostov has a humongous garrison. They should be unlocked when transferred like that or else transfer them to a number of places. I could have used good-sized garrison units in the Volga to defend against Greens and along the Finnish and Baltic States borders. Minsk would be handy too.
Stewart King

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lodilefty

Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:55 am

I looked at the events, and find that declaring war on the Caucasus Turks while still at peace with Germany is definitly a problem.

The CAU forces are a subfaction of GER, and so remain at peace with RED. The movements into Russia are expected, as the AI wants to occupy those objectives.

As for the move of garrisons out of UKR, that needs some further thought too!

So, I see the issues! Now, to find some time for a fix! :blink:

Thanks for your inputs! :coeurs:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”