Radsoc
Conscript

Grand Campaign Victory

Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:39 am

Has anyone managed to beat the grand campaign playing as (the one and only) reds? Beat in the sense that the whites have no fighting capability left?

I took Kiev, Minsk, Kharkiv, Murmansk, Archangelsk, Ekaterinodar, Samara, Ufa, Ekaterinburg and liberated Turkestan (some minor warlords were still left in the wild) but I wonder if anyone has taken more without taking huge risks? Crushing their NM to below 10 or so. Declaring war on Finland and the Balts just ties your forces up for a long period of time (however easy NM if that's a preferred victory type). And why bother with the crazy people at Kronstadt?

My strategy was to maintain the front and then try focusing on one front at a time with higher concentration of visiting troops. North was the best starting point as that was the smallest front and frees up the force completely afterwards (however the winters are pretty much a forced peace). Then east as four forces converge into one, freeing up three. The Turkmen front is pretty much self-going, but speed-up is important so I recruited all turkmen I could find and transported over the Kirov force. (It's dangerous to just recruit a little here and there - comes to a standstill).

But even in the end of the game, when the white forces were in complete disorder and with few cities, the southern whites had a relative strength of 120 (probably because of the French interventionists).

In real life Vladivostok fell in October 1922 (game ends in Jan 1922), so I really think the game should be extended until at least Jan 1923. Because as I see you must have a real good strategy to reach there with your main force before the end. (Partisans can take cities and recruit people there though, but still not as much as the enemy can). I would probably have made it to 1923/1924, but despite an accelerating advance, VP and NM differences it displayed as a Stalemate.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:32 am

Radsoc wrote:In real life Vladivostok fell in October 1922 (game ends in Jan 1922), so I really think the game should be extended until at least Jan 1923. Because as I see you must have a real good strategy to reach there with your main force before the end. (Partisans can take cities and recruit people there though, but still not as much as the enemy can). I would probably have made it to 1923/1924, but despite an accelerating advance, VP and NM differences it displayed as a Stalemate.

Yeah, Reds had too still remaining Green to fight after the Whites.
I think the game should allow a defeat for all, Red and Whites, with the AI (Green or Black) the real final victor :D

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:18 pm

ERISS wrote:Yeah, Reds had too still remaining Green to fight after the Whites.
I think the game should allow a defeat for all, Red and Whites, with the AI (Green or Black) the real final victor :D

Yes,
"The Zapatistas were mainly poor peasants who wished to spend much of their time working their land to produce an income. As a result, Zapatista soldiers tended to serve for several months at a time, and then return home to spend most of the year farming."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberation_Army_of_the_South
maybe plausable victory for peasants in other ageod game ;)

TheDoctorKing

Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:34 am

I have won as the Reds both in vanilla and using the Fatal Years mod. In both cases, there were large numbers of Greens running around but I had not lost any significant territories to them. They were absorbing the attention of many thousands of Red troops, though, both as garrisons of towns and as "flying columns" bashing big Green stacks.
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”