Primus
Conscript

To intercept an ennemy force

Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:53 pm

What does it do, exactly ?

My intercepting force does not seem to follow the aimed force (I play in French, I assume the action of "cibler" is the action described in the manual as intercept, from the description).

Does the force fight the intercepted force in priority, before any other force, or are there other advantages ?

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:25 pm

Another question:
In the tutorial, it is said "Detection value has to be at least equal to Hide value to detect the unit",
but in French tutorial it said Detect has to be half the Hide value (I tried to correct the french tutorial). What is good?

Charles
Lieutenant

Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:55 pm

If it works like other AGE games (I have only tried the demo so far):

- intercept will cause friendly force to track and attack the designated enemy force. I never use it since you have no idea where your force will wind up. I find it better to let my opponent make his move and react accordingly.

- all units have a detect value, cavalry are usually the best. Moving a friendly unit next to an enemy stack will usually reveal the exact strength of the stack.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Durk

Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:39 am

Intercept can be very powerful if you have already defeated and inflicted damage upon an opposing force. It might destroy them. But yes, as Charles says, can be dangerous so often. It is an excellent way to finish a weakened opponent.

Hohenlohe

Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:55 pm

Durk wrote:Intercept can be very powerful if you have already defeated and inflicted damage upon an opposing force. It might destroy them. But yes, as Charles says, can be dangerous so often. It is an excellent way to finish a weakened opponent.

The interception of an enemy force is only useful if you have enough mobile troops available. This means that you need some strong cavalry forces with enough mounted artillery inside to do good damage against your foe. And you need most times a good cavalry general with some decent additional traits like Fast Moving or/and an additional general with the artillerist trait to improve your damage against the enemy. If you have eventually two cavalry forces available and if you did with your main force enough damage agianst an enemy army force you could try to flank the enemy and destroy him decisively. In any other case you should consider that in case of FOW that the enemy could be able to bring a decent force near your interception force. So in anyway you will always taking some risks in intercepting enemy forces, but it could be very useful in the longrun especially against a human player because you could prevent the enemy to explore and scout your area.

I personally suggest that you make the best use of all your cavalry and mounted forces and your generals with the cavalryman trait.

greetings

Hohenlohe
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Primus
Conscript

Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:39 pm

I see.

thanks, that's interesting.

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”